Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3

Ep3 facelift headlights conversion 09/12 updated project completed!!!!!

Since its really hard to find a topic that been discussed in any forum when i google it, but eventually i've got some info from type-r owner uk forum, but still, the parts they list are not enough cuz i just done mine and now im listing the parts for further assist to any members here would like to do the FL headlights conversion.

OK, here is the COMPLETE list & guide
    1. ofcoz u need a pair of oem fl projector headlights , part number: 33151 S5T E62, 33101 S5T E62* This part number is actually for the ukdm non hid version which I bought for
    m

for jdm fl headlight here is the part number:33151-S5T-J71(lhs),33101-S5T-J71(rhs)

2. headlights cover(low beam) x 2* This one is extremely hard to find out, even i tried to ask the ppl in uk,but since just my mechanics asked me to try the one on accord euro CL9 cuz they both run H1 system,and they dont fit for the conclusion...... was quite exciting for the hope, JUST GOT A FL VIN NUMBER OFF MY FD'S FD TODAY, THANKS FOR THE HELP!, AND I WILL ASK MY MECHANICS TO ORDER THE PART TMR, WISH ME LUCK, WILL POST UP THE PART NUMBER ONCE I GOT IT!:thumbsup

updated:33127-S3R-003*this is for jdm hid headlights,and this one is a plastic cover and this one will never fit for UKDMs!!!

33126-S0A-003*this is for ukdm non-hid version,it is made by rubber,for my case cuz I bought the ukdm fl headlights so that's why took me too long to sort out this!again thanks for Brian FD2R to get me the vin number from his mate out in uk.

3.Socket for parker lights x 2, * u dont really need to change over a new one just the difference is that the new one is a bit longer cuz the hole in the headlights is deeper, but i will provide the parker lights number as well : 33305 S5A 003

4.Socket for indicator lights, x 2 * the one for the pre fl is bigger for the hole so need to get a new pair, the part number is 33303 SAA 003

5. Rubber cover for the high beam bulb x2. part number :
    33126-S6A-J61

6. H1 bulbs x 2 (for low beam) *professional rewiring needed

7. HB3 bulbs x 2 (for high beam) *professional rewiring needed

Some notes:
    -when ur taking off the bumper, there are only TWO metal screws needed to be unscrew on the bottom, others are plastic,those one under the lip is no need to be unscrew!

- once the conversion done, to change the indicator and parker in the future u will need to unscrew the front guard, and then turn the wheel to allow u to put ur hands in the position.i know its doggie, but it still easier than taking off the front bar and hl again...

- there is too less gab of putting in the headlight covers, so make sure u put them in before u install ur hl back... this case is for jdm version! for ukdm version it's not a problem about the limited space cuz it is rubber

1st shoot today,
    Last edited by ITRDC2; 10-12-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    kool shiz, but no good for me lol i love preface but def good info for all the rest of the boys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_B16B View Post
    kool shiz, but no good for me lol i love preface but def good info for all the rest of the boys
    cuz i didnt even know mine were not the real R headlights since a few months ago! i feel so sick of the non-smoked look!and, i like projectors

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    meh, im goin yellow or tinted lights or diy tint spray then it will be smoked, u can get smoked color paint, im gonna try this, ill let u no when i do it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    oh that sucha good news!haha now i can sell my previous pair out ready for someone to diy hahah!

Did u get the professional wiring the at promax?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Yes I did

Member Array
    Car:
    MPS 3
    nice thread man its good to know that becuase people think that if they get the fl headlights its a straight plug and play but it actually isnt alot of work

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    man i thought so before, but end up i spent about 1k just for this project. >.< ,like those cover, socket stuff, they are all money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    are these the JDM ones with HID low beams?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    factory hid didn't come with them....but mine is genuine hl not depo

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    but why are you using H1 tho? is it UK spec (non HID)?
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc