Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra

Clutch & Flywheel Reccomendations

Hey guys,
    My clutch is going on my Euro. Im goin to be changing it myself, in my workshop. Any reccomendations on what flywheel to use( lightened or not and exedy heavy duty clutch or regular. I have seen some forums sayin to use dc5 ckutches and flywheel etc. (Explain) I dont know about other Euros but mine doesn let me change real quickly, it is actually impossible for the car to flat change( is it a restrictive box or its just mine; always wondered/
    Anyways let me know
    Thanks
    Marc

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrano08 View Post
    Hey guys,
    My clutch is going on my Euro. Im goin to be changing it myself, in my workshop. Any reccomendations on what flywheel to use( lightened or not and exedy heavy duty clutch or regular. I have seen some forums sayin to use dc5 ckutches and flywheel etc. (Explain) I dont know about other Euros but mine doesn let me change real quickly, it is actually impossible for the car to flat change( is it a restrictive box or its just mine; always wondered/
    Anyways let me know
    Thanks
    Marc
    I've got the JDM DC5R flywheel with the Exedy Sports Heavy Duty clutch. Very nice combo - Chris F has the same. It feels similar to the stock clutch just a lot stickier and a bit heavier. The DC5R flywheel is about 4.6kg so you notice a big difference without the car being incredibly jerky on/off throttle.

About the car sticking in gears and unable to shift quickly... it's probably your release bearing. Mine was doing the same thing; every single gear would stick and some would crunch. Changed the clutch and release bearing, everything is smooth now (except for the obvious vibrations you feel through the gearstick with a lightened flywheel and heavier clutch).
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    So is that a stock dc5 type r flywheel? Or is a jdm a dfferent model if so what are the diferences. The dc5 flywheel with the hd exedy clutch, is it a straight fit(any modifications needed.) And how much are my looking at. I saw an exedy f1 clutch for k24 for 280us... any good?
    Thanks

Marc

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    JDM DC5R flywheel weighs less than the AUDM one. It's all a straight fit with the clutch and flywheel - no modification needed.

Get in touch with Yonas from JDMYard; he set me up with my clutch/flywheel combo
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm using the Exedy HF02 lightweight clutch which is 4.1 kg. As for clutch, I am using the Exedy OEM DC5 clutch, but I recommend you go for the Exedy Heavy Duty as the Exedy DC5 OEM clutch is weaker than the OEM Euro clutch because of the smaller diameter.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by integral90 View Post
    About the car sticking in gears and unable to shift quickly... it's probably your release bearing. Mine was doing the same thing; every single gear would stick and some would crunch. Changed the clutch and release bearing, everything is smooth now (except for the obvious vibrations you feel through the gearstick with a lightened flywheel and heavier clutch).
    Was the original clutch pressure plate damaged? Have a look and see if there is any damage on it, assuming that you didn't throw it away.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Was the original clutch pressure plate damaged? Have a look and see if there is any damage on it, assuming that you didn't throw it away.
    I still have the whole original clutch... I'll take a look later.
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    Hey guys,
    anyone know about that exedy f1 combo i was talking about, and how much for the flywheel, i can get the hd exedy clutch for about 400+

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 DC5 Integra
    ?
    Anyone lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrano08 View Post
    Hey guys,
    anyone know about that exedy f1 combo i was talking about, and how much for the flywheel, i can get the hd exedy clutch for about 400+
    I don't like the F1 flywheel. I would rather trust an Exedy flywheel.

I am using ORC clutch and flywheel combo. It is though very noisy but performance wise it is very good. The whole thing weigh about 9 kilo. Flywheel itself is 3.9 kilo. I think this makes it a bit harder to take off. When idling and before taking off it makes buzzing noise. It however bites very very hard though. I heard exedy clutch doesn't make this loud noise?
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

yeah its because of the orc has a 'floating' style clutch, witch makes the ting noise or metal noise when not engaged