Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot

Suspension DIY CL9 Euro INFO (TSX CLUB)

Hi Guys just want to post this up great info at last some one done it for years.
    Taken from http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-su...n-install.html

PLEASE WORK AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING. THIS IS JUST A GUIDE

u need the following tools

3/4 Drive ratchet
    10mm socket
    12mm socket
    14mm socket
    17mm socket
    17mm wrench
    Allen Keys
    Jack and Jack Stands

Front, I did one side, both sides are the same. You should have no problems doing the other side

Loosen the wheel while the car is still on the ground. Chalk the rear wheels. Jack the car up using proper jacking points and place on jack stands.
    This is what you will see.

Next, Grab the 17mm socket/ratchet and the 17mm wrench. Place the wrench on the 17mm nut and the socket on the bolt and remove, Lower part of the fork

Next remove the top bolt of the fork, 14mm socket. Rest the fork gently on the axle or you can take it out and put it aside.

Almost done with the front. See how easy it is.
    Now remove the top bolts. 3 14mm nuts and 2 12mm nuts. While you are doing this have a friend hold onto the shocks so it doesn't fall.

After this step you can pull everything out. If you are doing springs, this is were you use your spring compressor and install them. If you have coilovers, just fallow the steps backwards. Please double check all you bolt/nuts. I didn't use a torque wrench, you can if you want to.

Now for the Rear. A little more of PITA but still very easy. Loosen the wheels while the car is still on the ground. Chalk the front wheels. Jack the car up using proper jacking points and place on jack stands.
    Start by removing the rear seat bolsters. This Is a PITA, please be gentle not to brake the hooks on the back of the bolster.
    After you remove the 10mm bolt, slide the bolsters upward. After they unhook you can pull them towards you. This will expose the Top bolts of the shock

Next take off the sway bar end link. This will be a PITA if you are from the east coast. If you are from the West coast you are lucky. WD-40 the nut and stem of the End link, let it sit for a min. Take a 14mm socket and ratchet and try to remove it. If it doesn't get loose you will need a 14mm wrench and a metric allen key to remove the nut. Be very careful not to strip the allen.

After removing the endlink take the 17mm bolt out from the bottom of the shock.

Next remove the 14mm bolt on the back braket

Lastly have a friend hold on to the shock while you remove the top 2 14mm nuts.

Play with it a little and the rear shock/spring should come out. At this point you can install your springs with a compressor. If you have coilovers just do the opisite of the removal and your done. Please double check everything.

Your all done. Just make sure everything is tight and go enjoy your car.
    Last edited by aaronng; 12-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Thats awesome stuff... But For those who have the AUDM Lux will have the HID leveller Brackets. So what i i did for mine was hack sawed it off... here's a pic..

You'll know what i mean when you actualy take it off yourself.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    Thats awesome stuff... But For those who have the AUDM Lux will have the HID leveller Brackets. So what i i did for mine was hack sawed it off... here's a pic..

You'll know what i mean when you actualy take it off yourself.
    kool just add up any info thats missing about euro suspension here good luck n have fun

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Hey guys,

Going to install my springs tmr, just took the bolster out already was wondering if its possible to take out the plastic bit out too

Thanks for the write up btw will help
    Last edited by Darkii_; 11-10-2009 at 11:41 PM.

I will add the following steps after you have the new shocks reattached. Lightly tighten the top and bottom mounting bolts, but do not torque them up. You will now need to preload the suspension with the wheels off the ground.

1) For the front shocks, place the floor jack under the lower part of the front control arm, place a rag between to protect the arm. Slowly jack the arm up until the shock/spring is compressed and the weight of the car is supported by the jack on the arm. This will pre-load the suspension and locate the bushes to the right angles to that when the car is sitting level on the ground. Torque up all the bolts/nuts to the recommended values. Gently lower the suspension again, and reinstall the wheel and torque up the lug nuts.

2) The rear shocks is similar, locate the jack under the rear support hub, with a rag in between. Jack up the hub slowly, until the car's weight is supported (noted when the car is slightly lifted off the jack stands). Torque all nuts/bolts to the correct values. Lower the jack gently. Reinstall the wheel and torque up the lug nuts.

I highly recommend using a torque wrench if you have access to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkii_ View Post
    Hey guys,

Going to install my springs tmr, just took the bolster out already was wondering if its possible to take out the plastic bit out too

Thanks for the write up btw will help
    You don't need to take that plastic bit out Darkii.
    Only gently pull it up. You should get enough access to the top mounts to undo the two bolts on each side.
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    felixd, please provide the full link to this DIY on tsxclub.com.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    felixd, please provide the full link to this DIY on tsxclub.com.
    http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-su...n-install.html

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Thanks for that guys, got it installed today. Looks very nice, not too low, just right

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Picsorban!!!!
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Will take some soon!!