Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda VT400

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

Honda VT400

I just got myself the new Honda VT400 today.... Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow ....

Last edited by EuroAccord13; 02-10-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    nice mate!

i just went and checked one out the other day when buying parts... ive got the vt750c2... i think theyve got the same frames...

let us know what its like!
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Well, picked up the bike today~~~~~

It's bigger than the 250C, it's exactly the same size as the 750 Shadow....

146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    nice! time for some pipes

how does she go?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    wow that's a big looking bike Nick!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It is indeed a huge bike for my small frame boss ~~~

The bike goes alright.. I've only done 60kms on it so far LOL... quite torquey I must say, got a soft rumble when I accelerate, feels stable at 100km/h.

I'm not a bike guru but I was told that since it's shaft driven, I should try and keep the gear in neutral if I am stopped at the lights to prolong the life of the shaft, can someone enlighten me on this?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    For what it its worth I haven't heard anything regarding this. The shaft doesn't get exposed to pressure unless the bike is in gear and the clutch engaged... Whenever you are stopped at the lights the clutch will be disengaged...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    250kms later and I'm still trying to work out approximately how many RPMs I'm at relative to the exhaust note LOL...

Been practising a bit on hill starts... So far so good...

Looking at buying a tacho, saw a Cobra brand and a Baron's Custom brand, but they only go up to 8000RPM, I'm quite sure my Shadow revs higher than 8000RPM....
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 20-10-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Honda's VT400 is proving to be a winner with both LAMS riders as well as those wanting classic cruiser styling at a price that won't break the bank.The chrome laden VT400 now comes in a two tone Pearl Sunbeam White and Silver colour scheme.The VT400 cruiser is an uncluttered masterpiece, offering a compliant ride with precise control whilst requiring little in the way of maintenance.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by nikdevid View Post
    Honda's VT400 is proving to be a winner with both LAMS riders as well as those wanting classic cruiser styling at a price that won't break the bank.The chrome laden VT400 now comes in a two tone Pearl Sunbeam White and Silver colour scheme.The VT400 cruiser is an uncluttered masterpiece, offering a compliant ride with precise control whilst requiring little in the way of maintenance.

Featuring a tear-drop style tank and a bullet headlight casing, the VT400 provides a road presence not commonly found on an entry level bike.

The bike sports a liquid-cooled V-twin 398cc engine producing smooth power and plenty of torque in the low-mid range. The smaller displacement engine also provides excellent fuel economy and lower emissions by using the latest fuel injection technology.

The VT400 also comes equipped with Honda's Ignition Security System (HISS), strengthened handle lock mechanism and heavy-duty key cylinder.

The accessory list is equally well thought out and includes a chrome backrest, chrome rear carrier, leather saddle bags, chrome ornaments for front and rear guards, backrest plate, body cover and windscreen.

RRP for the VT400 is $9990 including GST (excluding stamp duty and Dealer delivery).

-------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

Woah and we've got reviews of the bikes ...

Please list the source of your reviews hehehehehehe........

My review after 650kms is...... Fuel consumption is not too bad.... doing around 4.5-4.7 litres per 100km.... Still running the engine in so maybe it will improve even further...

hey guys, i own one of these bikes and i must say they are awesome to ride, the sound reminds me of the bugetti veyron and the handleing is quite good ive only had mine for 1 week but its already run in at 2000kms i found fuel consumption to be quite good i did 250kms the other day on a little under a 1/4 of a tank and that was including hill climbs.

EuroAccord13 where are you located cause me and a mate are heading out this sunday for a ride and would love another vt to tag along