Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR

$3 EK Hatch Rear Wiper Delete

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

UPDATE UPDATE : Went to the car washh today and paint didnt peel and did not leakk one bit so holding up alright guys!

Aim: Get Rid of that old rear wiper (wouldn't be surprised if half you guys have done this ! )

Required: 10mm Socket wrench // Champion Rubber Blanking Grommets 1" Part No. BH023 // Spray paint if you want to colour code it

Steps:

i was actually finding that i never used my rear wiper, even when it did rain id probably use it once and forget it. hence the desire to delete it came upon me. Forgive me if i've forgotten anything! my first DIY. ENJOY!

1)First things first, lift up the plastic end cover piece of your wiper arm and you should find a 10mm bolt hiding underneath. undo it and with a bit of help from WD40 pull it off. also remove the oem rubber grommet.

2) Use the 10mm socket to undo the two screws holding on the inside plastic middle section of the back of the hatch and pull it off with a bit of care as it is now secured by clips and then you should end up with this.

3) locate the rear wiper motor at the top right when looking at it and there are three more 10mm screws holding on the rear wiper motor. undo all three and it should come off quite easily.

Now you've got an empty hole in the back of the hatch without the wiper motor screw head sticking out.

Pick yourself up some $3 CHAMPION rubber blanking grommets from Supercheap and slot it in. Now i completely understand that this isn't an OEM delete plug but if people are sad enough to steal it, well you've got 2 extra rubber grommets in the packet.

I actually went on to colour code mine to white because i wasn't digging the black on white look. but it did look that extra bit JDM though

tested for leaks and no problemss soo farr!!

(Sorry for the iphone pics)

Guys as pointed out by Vinny i think it may be an idea to put some clear silocine around the grommet from the inside of the hatch. I haven't had any leaks but for peace of mind it seems like a good idea!
    Last edited by ceeazian; 01-11-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Member Array
    how was the fitment of the rubber grommet?
    easy fitment?bit of force?
    anything of that nature?

Member Array
    Car:
    60 EAD
    what size did u get, one i found at a clark rubber wernt exactly a perfect fit
    FFamily

instagram - chumdab

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    It was a 1" measurement. Apprx 25mm. Fit perfect. Bit of force obviously but went into place with a nice seal! It's perfectly tight that it actually is pretty hard to pull out easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    i needed to whack in some silicon behind my grommet to keep it sealed from rain but otherwise it's okay

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    maybe i should for better peace of mind?? i got the hose and sprayed the rear end a couple times haha and nothing came through. maybe the grommets weaken over time and the seal less tight?? either way doing good now

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    thanks for the DIY mate.
    still gotta do this.

btw a picture wont load/work under this part:

"Now you've got an empty hole in back without the wiper motor screw head sticking out."

vnice
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    really?? the picture is loading up for me man! ill try and clarify it when i get home ! !

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    how much kilos does this reduce?
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    just another tip, used non salt based silicone, just helps for future rust
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    Thanks for the tip