Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    juss did this today looks 100% better. thumbs up on the DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    awesome man, glad i was some inspiration!

Required: 10mm Socket wrench // Champion Rubber Blanking Grommets 1" Part No. BH023 // Spray paint if you want to colour code it

I actually went on to colour code mine to white because i wasn't digging the black on white look. but it did look that extra bit JDM though

Hey man,

just wondering which paint & primer did you use? did the paint come off?
    coz these rubber thinggy doesnt really stick to the paint...

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    I can't remember what stuff sells at supercheap but it's like
    a small can of spraypaint thinking it's called touch plus or something. Confirm later.

1] I just sanded the rubber down to make it abit rougher so the paint bonds. Used a plastic primer first which made the surface real sticky. I made sure it dried quite well before applying the frost white spraypaint.

2] Again i made sure it dried properly between each layer and then also squished the grommet in my hand between each layer so it would surcome to the squeezing of it when I had to put it in place.

Three weeks on and it's still perfect. I'm not suggesting it will last a lifetime but will do for me now. Sorry for the story lol
    Last edited by ceeazian; 16-10-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: paragraphing makes it easier on the eyes.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    i just bought my grommets from supercheap, costed me $3.40.

gonna try this tonight!

nice write up btw

Member Array
    Car:
    B18CEK DC2VTiR
    is your EK black man?

should work out well. nice tight fit. no leaks and my white one is still going strong !

Member Array
    Car:
    S15 & JDM DC2R
    hey ceeazian thank u very much man i did this in about 10 minutes. lol 10mm socket worked for everything only problem i had that made things lag was trying 2 pull apart from the connection of the motor 2 the wires of the car, lol took awhile but ye got it done had to get pliers involved, havnt colour coded it as of yet as my car is purple but makes it 100% look cleaner thank you once again.Also i got mine for $1.50 :P tc and thankz

kind regards
    Derrick.