Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Quote Originally Posted by actcueuro View Post
    I have a Lux M/T as well. Build date is Sep '08 but I took delivery in Jun '09. I really like the car. I've moved on to this from a Ford Fairmont Ghia (BA2) and while I quite enjoyed the Ford, it felt like I was driving my lounge. It's big, bulky, quite imposing and just comfy. Driving it didn't involve much.

The Euro I find is quite more responsive, you give it, it gives back...that kind of thing. I too have the odd fiddle with the climate control and have to tweak it every now and again, but otherwise, it's quite a good car.
    Good to hear you are enjoing the Euro! You will notice a difference coming from the Fairmont, like me I quess the "big" cars just feel impersonal to drive. That's why I liked the Vectra and now the Euro. More a drivers car and just don't need the bulk and size of the bigger "family" sedans.

Quote Originally Posted by mpricecs View Post
    There are a number of ODD things I have found with the Honda.

Firstly, the passenger seat has heating only in the base where as the drivers seat has it in the base and back. The excuse of the airbag system seems lame, both seats have airbag and other makes/models seem to cope.
    The reason for this is that Honda incorporated a passenger height detection system on the seat back. It actually relays to the SRS computer approximately how tall the passenger is, based on the seat back sensors. If the person is too small, i.e. a young child, the seat-airbag is disabled. My guess is, they could not reliably heat the seat back with the sensors in place. The driver seat does not have this detection system, as it is assumable that if you are tall enough to drive, then you are all right.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chrome View Post
    The reason for this is that Honda incorporated a passenger height detection system on the seat back. It actually relays to the SRS computer approximately how tall the passenger is, based on the seat back sensors. If the person is too small, i.e. a young child, the seat-airbag is disabled. My guess is, they could not reliably heat the seat back with the sensors in place. The driver seat does not have this detection system, as it is assumable that if you are tall enough to drive, then you are all right.

That's very iseful information, gives a bit more insight into the situation than does the manual - thanks for that. Cold weather lately has seen the seat heater get a workout. I have also noted with interested (explained in the manual) that the Hi/Lo switch does more than just trurn the heater on/off hi or low. Heat on the back is great for suffers of back conditions, it will be interesting when winter re-appears if the lack of back heating makes much difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Another odd thing I have noticed is that the wipers do not automatically do a few swipes when you use the washers (unless the spray happens to land near the sensor and you have AUTO set). You need to also manually turn them on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Have you tried using the washers with the stalk in the off/uppermost position? I'm sure the wipers do come on for at least 3 sweeps. I'm away from the car right now, but will check as soon as I get back.
    Also give the stalk a firm tug and the w/screen a good spray, (on my previous car it was possible to spray the w/screen without activating the wipers! if you pulled it gently enough)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Tried it out and the wipers definitely come on for 4 sweeps after pulling on the wiper/washer stalk. You may want to get this checked.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Tried it out and the wipers definitely come on for 4 sweeps after pulling on the wiper/washer stalk. You may want to get this checked.
    Today they have worked, both in AUTO and OFF position. I will need to keep an eye on this as they definetely did not work previously!