Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

Exclamation CALLING ALL TYPE-S OWNERS! Is your clutch pedal clicking???

I've managed to resolve the very common (at least on ClubRSX) clutch pedal clicking problem in the DC5-S clutch pedal assembly.

The issue being: A click noise heard and felt through the clutch pedal on engaging and releasing. The noise is clearly from within the cabin of the vehicle - around the clutch pedal area.

I want to write up a DIY for the fix, but I need a 'guinea-pig' car to narrow down exactly what fixed the issue and to take photos along the way.

I did a few little tweaks on mine and the problem is gone, but in order to write the DIY i need to pin-point which of the tweaks was the actual fix for the issue.

So - If you're a DC5 Type-S owner with the clutch click issue and you live in Brisbane - please contact me!

HELP ME HELP OTHERS!

Thanks.

Please note: This is not a discussion on how to fix the issue - i've already got the resolution. I just want to get in contact with anyone that actually has a DC5 with this issue.
    Last edited by omgzilla; 16-10-2009 at 04:46 PM.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Dont have this problem... but my stick will pop out of 3rd gear soemtimes.... and also when changing into 3rd.. i can feel a slight click, so igotta push all teh way and go "click" n the ntis in 3rd all the way... fuken annoying man..... took it to damelians, and theey said they drove it n found nothing.. ****en bs ****... not too happy wit hthe customer service of damelians!

I have the same problem with third as well. Many people have written about it, but not sure if anyone has actually resolved it.
    As for the clutch clicking, this a common problem? I don't have the issue.

in my dc5r i have a accelartor clicking, ****ing annoying

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Dont have this problem... but my stick will pop out of 3rd gear soemtimes.... and also when changing into 3rd.. i can feel a slight click, so igotta push all teh way and go "click" n the ntis in 3rd all the way... fuken annoying man..... took it to damelians, and theey said they drove it n found nothing.!
    Same here - different dealership though. Mine's still under extended warranty too!

Mine is a bit notchy from 1st into 2nd and 2nd into third. Also, at high revs in 3rd once the clutch is depressed it pops out of gear by itself!

I fixed the clutch click myself cause they Honda said it needed a new pedal box to fix it and it was not covered under warranty

I'm surprised no-one else has the clutch click though!
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    do u hear inside bro? or outside inside the engine bay?

damn take it to the dealer man.. get a new gearbox asap haha

mate got hes replaced, and now hes loving it haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 ITR; Celica SSII
    mine is 02 Type R.... it make clutch clicking noise too.... but i dont care about it, or should I ??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    honda dont want anyhting 2 do with hte gear popping out.. sigh.. ahh wll, ,goign in o nthrusdya for my free tail light and engine mount

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    honda dont want anyhting 2 do with hte gear popping out.. sigh.. ahh wll, ,goign in o nthrusdya for my free tail light and engine mount
    Free tail light and engine mount?

Mount busted and still under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.k20z1
    do u hear inside bro? or outside inside the engine bay?

damn take it to the dealer man.. get a new gearbox asap haha

mate got hes replaced, and now hes loving it haha
    Yeah inside. I fixed the click.

What dealership did your mate take his Type-S and get the new gearbox?
    Last edited by omgzilla; 15-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    yup under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    yup under warranty.
    Nice! I thought it would've been a wear and tear item (not covered).

What's wrong with the tail light?

What dealership do you go to?
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    ummm small droplet of water in the left.... i go 2 damelians on parra rd... also the guy who repalced the Tail light, didnt put the rubber thing back on properly, i had 2 pop it all back i nmyself, cos my boot was beinga bitch 2 close(it wouldnt close fully)