Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NSW Penalties for Driving a Prohibited Vehicle on P's?????

G'day,
    I cant find any other threads with this question regarding in NSW and I have looked at the RTA site and couldn't find it, but im on my red p's at the moment and im tossing up getting a car thats labelled as a prohibited vehicle.

Does anyone know the penalties for getting caught driving a prohibited vehicle???

thanks
    Last edited by john; 13-10-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    LICENCE - PROVISIONAL
    P1/P2 Driver fail to comply with conditions of licence - Drive prohibited vehicle
    points; 7
    fine; $422

http://rta.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index....ritpoints.form
    search for 'provisional'

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    fuk that.. 7 points.. thats automatic suspension, nasty

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    D: Mazda
    Don't do it. You hit someone, an expensive car, damage property, you'll be paying that off yourself. And if you injure someone permanently or something like that, it won't be fun to pay off.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    not worth the trouble

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Im always amazed at the number of P plate clad rexxies getting around...

Quote Originally Posted by rob1000 View Post
    Im always amazed at the number of P plate clad rexxies getting around...
    thats because its not THEIR car. Its their parents car etc. *loophole i believe*

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Yeah i always see P platers driving turbo as well. Most cops dont care though, its just highway patrol you gotta watch out for.

The family car loophole was closed a while back,you cant use it as an excuse anymore. Theres no way around the restriction other than applying for a stringent exemption.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by BURST View Post
    Don't do it. You hit someone, an expensive car, damage property, you'll be paying that off yourself. And if you injure someone permanently or something like that, it won't be fun to pay off.
    Damn straight. I wouldn't care about losing my licence or the fine as much as being sued for potentially lots of $$$$$

Member Array
    Car:
    96 CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    Yeah i always see P platers driving turbo as well. Most cops dont care though, its just highway patrol you gotta watch out for.

The family car loophole was closed a while back,you cant use it as an excuse anymore. Theres no way around the restriction other than applying for a stringent exemption.
    Its a bitch to get the exemption aswell.

Mate who is a mechanic applied for it saying tha the had to drive turbo'd or v8 cars for work reason. His boss wrote the letter and still got denied.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    lol. most of those rexxies you see are gx's or rx's with rexy exteriors, like my mate lmaoo even tricked me at first cause they still have the rexy rumble

Ahh thanks for that info,seems pretty harsh penalty. Looks like i might stick to an NA car