Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a

Talking Nitrogen in Ya Tyres!

For $6 a tyre @ Bob Jane I had Nitrogen put in my tyres.36 at the Front,34 at the Rear.

The idea is that because nitrogen molecules are tightly packed together/dense,FAR more than air,this will reduce tyre flex through corners.Guys at the track have been doing this for years,it's where it first started.

1st Impressions,Hmmm,I can feel more bums in the road,but only slightly,after 5 seconds I was like,no worries,that's nothing and was used to it!

I was looking forward to getting onto the hilly,dippy and windy road I drive home on everyday to see the difference the nitrogen made,if any.That road will test the extremes (at the speed limit,offcoarse) and give me a perfect indication of any change.

Was there a difference?

YES,A BIG DIFFERENCE!!

WOW! Car stays much flatter through the big dipping corners! I was waiting for the usual roll in the car,which I now understand as tyre sidewall flex/roll,but it didn't happen!

Car stayed flatter and felt incredibly solid through the whole corner.Just Brilliant! I'm STILL smiling

I can't wait to get out on the Track on the 7th of November!

Oh,they say it lasts for 4 months before you need to go and get a top up.

Sorry beeze.... but all those things you have mentioned are not a result of nitrogen.

The use of it in motorsport is for achieving more consistant tyre pressures as the tyres heat up. The lower rate of expansion of nitrogen than regular air when heated, is what contributes to consistancy of tyre pressures.

To further add to this... unless you are running dual valve stems on each wheel, then you are wasting your time, as there would have been regular air trapped inside. You need those two valve stems to run nitrogen effectively.... one to fill and one to purge so you end up with only nitrogen inside.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    lol fail post
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    Sorry beeze.... but all those things you have mentioned are not a result of nitrogen.
    Not true.All those things I listed were not there before I got the Nitrogen put in.After I got the Nitrogen put in,all things I listed were very apparent in my car.So everything I listed above IS a result of the Nitrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by 4age8u View Post
    lol fail post
    You watch how much knowledge can be gained from me making this thread,as usual,haven't you been paying attension to the threads I make?

'Having a go' mate,is what it's all about.When people hear comments like your comment,people are afraid to 'have a go' and no one learns jack sh!t,so STFU and lets learn aye!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Where's Speedy?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Again,it was most noticeable when tested at the extreme,I'm thinking of one big dipping left hand corner in particular where massive weight/force is on the tyres.

The road goes down steap,halfway through the left hand corner it starts going up back up the hill,big dip,big hook,big weight changes,big forces are being applied on the car through this one particular corner,far more than the other corners on this stretch of road,it's a real gem.This corner is where I truely noticed what the nitrogen had done.

If it wasn't for this corner,I wouldn't be speaking so highly of it.So it really did make a big impression on me.

Queensland Raceway is flat,so I dont know if it will be that noticeable on a flat track.

Feel me?!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Not true.All those things I listed were not there before I got the Nitrogen put in.After I got the Nitrogen put in,all things I listed were very apparent in my car.So everything I listed above IS a result of the Nitrogen.
    What were your tyre pressures for each corner before and after putting in nitrogen? Your soft sidewall could be caused by low tyre pressure and then corrected when Bob Jane inflated your tyres up.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    1st Impressions,Hmmm,I can feel more bums in the road,but only slightly,after 5 seconds I was like,no worries,that's nothing and was used to it!
    So brett u feel more BUMs on the road huh, LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    try hydrogen anyone its madness !!!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Your soft sidewall could be caused by low tyre pressure and then corrected when Bob Jane inflated your tyres up.
    That is the most plausible reason for the changes in characteristics OP is describing.

Of course after factoring out the placebo effect of $6/corner.
    DLUG Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Id rather inhale nitrogen myself and feel the difference while driving than wasting my time putting it into my tyres LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    What were your tyre pressures for each corner before and after putting in nitrogen? Your soft sidewall could be caused by low tyre pressure and then corrected when Bob Jane inflated your tyres up.
    36 and 34.Brand new tyres.

There's no question in my mind about what putting the nitrogen in my tyres has achieved (stated above).I just went to Bob Janes and chatted with Brad to tell him and he was like 'Yes yes yes' smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    So brett u feel more BUMs on the road huh, LOL
    AHAHAHAHA GOLD GOLD GOLD!

That left hand corner is what made the understanding solid in my mind Speedy and you brought that out of me!