Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    turned out to be a fault with the transformer, grabbed another set and it was fine...

Just out of curiosity, how much would i be able to tap into it... because i want to put 4x neons and 2x leds strips... would that be an overkill and cause damage to my car?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    hrm gave it a go, neons wouldnt turn on.......
    could it be possible that the neons blew up or something haha :S didnt know where else in the car i could hook it up to
    Yeah make sure you got the polarity the right way around. Try it both ways. If not then you need to make sure that you still got the voltage controller box on the neon still.

Seen here (Blue Box). If you have those type of neons, you need the box to convert the 12v through your cigarette lighter to whatever power it needs to power the neons.
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Civic FD
    Very nice mate! Love it =)

so is the power to the dome lights 12V? Therefore, if I buy anything that requires 12V, I can tap it into the dome lights? (for dimming effect that is) =)
    Anyone know where to plug the strips into for a civic FD1?

Just out of curiosity, how much would i be able to tap into it... because i want to put 4x neons and 2x leds strips... would that be an overkill and cause damage to my car?
    Would love to know the answer to this as well.
    So how many things can you plug into the dome light fuse before blowing it?
    I was thinking of running an led strip for front left and right as well as back left and right, and also 2 longer LED strips on the underbody of the car. So when I press the remote unlock, the underbody will shine and turn off when I start up the car. =) Woot!
    Last edited by HotKgon; 29-01-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Civic FD
    Here is a picture of my fuse. Can someone tell me which wire do I need to tap into for the dome lights, so I can get the fading effect for my accent lighting?

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by HotKgon View Post

so is the power to the dome lights 12V? Therefore, if I buy anything that requires 12V, I can tap it into the dome lights? (for dimming effect that is) =)

I was thinking of running an led strip for front left and right as well as back left and right, and also 2 longer LED strips on the underbody of the car. So when I press the remote unlock, the underbody will shine and turn off when I start up the car. =) Woot!
    I think the fuse can take quite allot of those LED strips/neons. It doesn't consume allot of power, well not enough to cause too much strain on the wires. But if you're scared of the fuse blowing, then just up it by 10A. The wires should be fine to take it.

As for where you need to tap in to on the fuse box, i wouldn't have a clue for your car, i've only done it in a civic ES, euro, jazz, and corolla. Best way is to find out where the cables from the dome light lead to on your fuse box. If you can trace it back to the fuse box you should be able to see where the plug is. If not then you'd have to get wire tappers and tap straight into the wires leading to the dome light.

Hope that helps. but i tend to know what to look for, thats why i can find it pretty easy.
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Quote Originally Posted by HotKgon View Post

I managed to hook up 2x neons under the footwell 2x led strips under then doors and 2x neons under the car without any problems. I don't think i would be brave enough to try anymore

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    How do you hook up the wires if you want them to turn on when you turn your headlights are on?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    I managed to hook up 2x neons under the footwell 2x led strips under then doors and 2x neons under the car without any problems. I don't think i would be brave enough to try anymore
    can you post pictures/video of this? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidha91 View Post
    How do you hook up the wires if you want them to turn on when you turn your headlights are on?
    i want to ask this question too. can you also do this via the fuse box? me and my friend are trying to do it, but we;re not sure if u can draw power from the fusebox, or we have to splice wires to access power. can u plug wires directly into fuses?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    can you post pictures/video of this? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidha91 View Post
    i want to ask this question too. can you also do this via the fuse box? me and my friend are trying to do it, but we;re not sure if u can draw power from the fusebox, or we have to splice wires to access power. can u plug wires directly into fuses?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by stylzjhn View Post
    Best way is to find out where the cables from the dome light lead to on your fuse box. If you can trace it back to the fuse box you should be able to see where the plug is. If not then you'd have to get wire tappers and tap straight into the wires leading to the dome light.
    Silly question, but how do I trace the cables from the dome light to the fuse box without pulling everything apart?

How do I find the wires leading to the dome light?

Just attempted the DIY and failed miserably, lights just constantly stayed on

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Civic FD
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    From another post, someone mentioned that you can buy a fuse tap to tap into the fuse box.

Maybe something like these?

Member Array
    Car:
    EU3, FN2R, S2K
    any clue which plug for an eu3?
    Mr.PT