Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Sometimes (depending on car) you'll have to take the cover on the driver side front pillar bar off to see where the wires are leading too from the dome light. Usually it should be 2-3 wires. I think the colours are green, brown and something else i forgot. If you can follow those wires down, you might be lucky enough to see it lead to a plug of some sort down under the dash or towards the fuse box. If you can't locate the plug, you might need to just buy some wire tappers and tap the wires you found on your pillar bar.

For those who are asking if you can get power directly from the fuse. You can do this but you need to connect the grounding cable of the LED to the switch located on the center chassis beam thing between the drivers/passenger doors (when the door closes it hits the switch). Connecting it to that switch allows the light to turn on and off when the door is open/closed but you will lose the dimming effect.

Hope this answers some questions.

So far i've been able to do this to a Jazz, Civic ES, Euro (no dimming effect, connected to door switch), Corolla, CRV, and Imprezza

half of those cars i had to pull panels off. But that was easy since its just plugs (:
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

how did you hook up the ones from outside/under your car to the fuse box o_o

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by sno View Post
    how did you hook up the ones from outside/under your car to the fuse box o_o
    Are you asking me? because i only did the footwell and the doors. It was a B**** to do the doors because feeding the wires through was hard. Had to take the whole door apart. but it looked awesome having light under the doors when it opened.
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

hi mate, i have bought pair of LED strip for my Accord Euro, but i cant find the Dome Light Wire, could you please give me some ideas? it will be great if you could show me the instruction and photos. thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Hi, i dont have a euro. I just plugged the (+) from the LED into the dome light fuse and the (-) on the switch on the door. So everytime the door is opened the lights will turn on (no dimming effect)

then is it if i open either door the both LED will light up?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker_82 View Post
    then is it if i open either door the both LED will light up?
    Yeah, if you connect the negative to the switch on the door, it will only activate when that specific door is open.

On my car, the dome lights normally turn on when I unlock the car, but since I've wired up the LED to the dome lights, the LEDs also light up when I unlock the car - this won't happen if you wire up the negative to the door

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpire View Post
    Yeah, if you connect the negative to the switch on the door, it will only activate when that specific door is open.

On my car, the dome lights normally turn on when I unlock the car, but since I've wired up the LED to the dome lights, the LEDs also light up when I unlock the car - this won't happen if you wire up the negative to the door
    That is correct.

hey guys, i cant find my dome light fuse, anyone have any idea? my car is 1996 EJ8 >.< thanks for helping >.<

im guessing a dome light is the little light found on doors, middle of roof and in the boot. ok heres my idea, say if i only wanted LEDs and couldnt give a sh*t about the original little tiny light, dont i just hook the wires that used to go to the light to my new LEDs? but if i wanted both to work could i just strip the wire and add another wire to it so that one wire leads to two lights? e.g
    -----(x)=====
    "-" is my single original wire which i used to have going to the light, "(x)" this is where i stripped it and "=" my two new wires going off into LEDs, lights, neons or w.e
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 19-11-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Yup that is correct. Either way would work.

So long as the LED's/NEONS are 12v.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Just uploaded a new video of the LED's installed on my 2007 corolla. I've installed these on a few other car's too.