Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX
    installed smd led strips into my ride... stole power from the back of the cig lighter, then installed switches in the center to turn on/off as required

did the boot aswell, just by joining up the + and - from the rear hatch light

just need a 12V power source, and earthing point... easy install as long as the connections match up
    Last edited by GaDgeT-CRX; 20-12-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    Very nicely done. I did that in my Echo. Had switches on my dash to turn them when required. Also got the power from my ciggy lighter. Btw, great looking car
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    how do u extend the passenger smd lights to the fuse box? what sort of wire do u need to extend it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BLACK GD3
    What you need is just the normal wire that you get at Jay car, it cost around $1.5-$2.0 per meter depends on the thickness of the wire !!!
    Also the wire just go through the fuse box and it should come out under the grove box or your own way as long as you don't see the wire and for the rear you just need to take out the plastic rubber around the door let the wire go through to the rear.......I did mine one and it looks good !!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2 Civic Sport
    I just completed this DIY on my FD2 Sport. Best mod I have done so far. Looks awesome with that blue 'glow'. It's not too bright and after market looking, just a soft even glow which looks like a factory install.
    I also added a white LED strip to the under side of each door. When you open the door it lights up the ground, like a factory courtesy light. I connected all 8 strips to the dome light so they fade when doors are closed. Have had all the lights on for over 45 minutes as a test. Did not drain the battery, nor blow any fuses. I have also changed the inerior dome bulbs to white LED's which use a fraction of the power ordinary bulbs use. I think this is the reason the load is not high.
    Anyways, here are some pics (taken on my phone, no where near as good as the real thing). I haven't taken any of the under door light yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ambient Lighting (01).jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	19183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ambient Lighting (02).jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	19184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ambient Lighting (03).jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	19185

hey guys, sorry to bring an old thread out.
    on my car, i tried wiring to my dome light door switch.

it has three wires, red brown and black. i figured out that red is power and black is ground
    i wired it. now heres the issue:

when i close my door the led lights up LOL
    its working reverse to what we want, can someone help me!

the passenger has only red, and the bolt of the door switch is the ground

any help guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by davib View Post
    hey guys, sorry to bring an old thread out.
    on my car, i tried wiring to my dome light door switch.

it has three wires, red brown and black. i figured out that red is power and black is ground
    i wired it. now heres the issue:

when i close my door the led lights up LOL
    its working reverse to what we want, can someone help me!

the passenger has only red, and the bolt of the door switch is the ground

any help guys?
    put a volt meter to the brown wire. I think u should wire the power from the brown wire as the brown wire send signal to the dash to tell you the door isn't close. so connecting to brown wire should only light up when u open the door.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Why not just wire up to your actual dome light? That way it fades in and out with the dome light.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut