Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Connecting AMP Power to Battery?

My brother replaced my battery and did not re-connect the power cable that goes to the amp.

I was wondering if this is what i need to do

1) Remove negative cable from battery
    2) Remove bolt on positive, Place the ring looking thing that is attached to the power cable and then crew the bolt back on. So the ring screwed up against the battery (similar to the ground wire but against the battery instead)
    3) Connect negative cable.

Please correct me if im wrong as i am pretty unsure...

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    spot on, i dont see any problems.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    thats it man, at least you have the knowledge to remove the Ground terminal first. good stuff man
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

I've come across a problem. Everything works fine but the AMP is ALWAYS on even when the car is off.

I've checked that the signal cable is plugged in correctly, my friend also checked it and it seems to be in properly.

I think this started happening after i had an accident... My friend believes it MIGHT be the AC wire (might be damaged or something) but we are unsure.

Any suggestions? or should i take it to a professional and let them look at it?

Also is removing the negative from the battery and removing the ground wire in my boot the same thing? and what happens if this is not removed first?

Thanks for the help =]

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Check the voltage of the remote wire when the car is off, if you get a reading of about 12V that means the remote wire is wired to the constant power in other words to the battery. To fix it you need to connect the remote wire to ingnition in other words to an object that gets its power source after the ignition is turned on like a head unit or a clock.

Removing the negative terminal of the battery cuts power to the whole car, removing the negative terminal of the amp only cuts power to the amp. i would suggest you remove the negative battery terminal if you intend on doing any work on your amp just to be on the safe side.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra dc5
    jsut a question

where did u pass the cable through the car to get it to the battery?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    there are spare grommets on the fire wall, well in an EG there is. not sure about DC5. if not then just puncture a hole in an existing one with cables already in, and run power cable through there. be sure to keep power cable away from RCA and Remote cable/s
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by FoCuS View Post
    I've come across a problem. Everything works fine but the AMP is ALWAYS on even when the car is off.

I've checked that the signal cable is plugged in correctly, my friend also checked it and it seems to be in properly.

I think this started happening after i had an accident... My friend believes it MIGHT be the AC wire (might be damaged or something) but we are unsure.

Any suggestions? or should i take it to a professional and let them look at it?

Also is removing the negative from the battery and removing the ground wire in my boot the same thing? and what happens if this is not removed first?

Thanks for the help =]
    Seems like your getting constant into your remote.

Splice your remote wire from amp into the remote wire in your headunit, it should be the red wire in the stock harness (assuming it's a EG).
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    if u dont wanna piss around the remote wire, get a switch on/off job, RE-RUN the POWER CABLE through whereva u plan to put the switch.

CUT THE POWER CABLE and run it through the switch that way wen u flick the switch u start giving power, flick it the other way and it cuts it.

p.s make sure ON terminal is GOING TO THE BATTERY NOT THE AMPLIFIER or you will have problems.. like if u turn off/on a lil to much blow a fuse or sumshit or fk up ur power supply.

(P.S THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT PISS AROUND WITH SOUND SYSTEMS ITS JUST A QUICK IGNITION METHOD. IF U KNOW ABOUT SOUND SYSTEMS DEFINATELY USE AN IGNITION WIRE FROM YOUR HEAD-DECK OR FUSEBOX) because a switch on your power cable isnt the healthiest thing for your amp

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Making a switch will be annoying, don't want to have to keep turning it on and off.

Better to just wire it correctly.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Use a relay and inline fuse. Switch the relay by using the ciggie lighter wire, so that the amp is only on when the key is turned to ACC or I.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

ahh jus found out that my amp is stuffed

If i got a 5 channel amp or any other amp would i be able to connect it exactly the same? Like cables go in same locations? or does it vary dependin on the amp?