Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    yes all amps require a 12V source, Ground, Remote wire, RCA cables and speaker cable. the only difference is how many channels the amp has.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Amps in wiring only vary depending on Channels cause of the RCA's more channels more RCA's

Is removing the ground wire and the negative from the battery the same thing?

Also can i attach ring looking thing at the end of the cable that goes from the amp to the battery to the negative side or does it have to be on the positive side?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    if you want to isolate power for all your electronics then remove the ground from the battery. removing only the ground from the amp only cuts power to the amp, nothing else.

you can attach a ring crimp lug to the red power cable for your amp, at the battery. the same cable at the amp, just strip the insulation off and terminate.
    for the Ground cable at the amp, use a ring crimp lug at one end to secure it to Ground (chassis of car, will paint sanded/filed off). the other end, just strip the insulation and terminate at the amp.

Ok so im basically replacing the existing amp that i have in the car.

If i jus remove the ground wire. Plug everything in and then screw the ground wire back on to allow for power is that bad? any chance for anything to fry?

and for the sub control does it matter if i use another one instead of the amps one. For example i have a pioneer sub control already connected. Can i use that instead of the cadence one i brought?

Thanks so much for the help
    Last edited by FoCuS; 03-12-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    yes as long as you disconnect the battery ground first, you will be fine. and remember to securely tighten all connections.

as for the sub control, i dont know as i never bother with them. you can tune your system from the amp anyway.

I got it all workin. I ended up removing the battery though ill remember next time to remove the ground wire as it is easier

I'm just wondering with the settings i just chucked everything on full... Would that be ok?
    Also what does cross over mode do?

Sorry about all these noob questions

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    flat is no crossover mode, low pass is pure bass only (some 4 ch amps got like high pass to.. which in that case is usualy for tweeters or speakers.

DOnt set everything to max.. at first all low, put the gain a quater up so u can feel that its working and shit..
    after uve hooked it all up
    listen to it and start playing with the settings, keep the frequency high for good abss, Bass EQ is jst the amount of "boom" u want

and yeh nwz for the noob questions .. there are dickheads dat might say something stupd though.. lyk srsly some ppl r jst fkd on this forum lol they dont know how to answer a question
    Last edited by slimx; 04-12-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: p.s. im drunk i might be wrong about the crossover thingo lol, but what i sed abot keeping it all low is 100% lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    simply adjust it to your needs man, and you will be admiring your work in no time

Is there any chance the sub can damage the amp if its in front of it or with the vibrations?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    nope no chance

you go over speedbumps & potholes & bumpy roads on a regular, some soothing vibrations wont cause any harm.. you'll be fine