Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro

converting fog lights to day time running lights on 06 euro lux

thinking of this project, basically changing the fog light bulb (never had the need to use fog lights) to an LED based bulb with resistors to give a dim white light for running in the day.

Has anyone already done this or am i wasting my time?

cheers

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    probably wasting your time and money as a good set of LED DRL's would cost a fair bit along with the load resistors, you may aswell just by crystal white bulbs and get the same effect or a cheap ebay HID kit for $50 in 6000k,
    though it is illegal to have your fogs on, even if u tried to tell them that u have converted them to DRL's they wont care,
    In the last week since last Sunday I have been pulled over 2 times for having my fog lights on, luckily they have let me off both times.

better of just putting White SMD LED bulbs in your parkers which are super powerfull they will look like DRL's and wont be illegal.

what is the point of daytime running lights?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    wank factor lol
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    what is the point of daytime running lights?
    so they run in the day time haha lol

Its normal in the states i think, just to let people see u also a little better by having them on, also turns ur rear lights on, which will help make people see you.

I dont mind them as long as they have a chime so u dont forget to turn them off when you get out of ur car and get a drained battery.

I don't get it.
    If it's dark enough, surely just use normal lights?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    it makes you more visible to other motorists, supposively.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by blk05gli View Post
    thinking of this project, basically changing the fog light bulb (never had the need to use fog lights) to an LED based bulb with resistors to give a dim white light for running in the day.

Has anyone already done this or am i wasting my time?

cheers

what is the point? its daytime and not foggy...go buy an audi if you want that.
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by industrie View Post
    what is the point? its daytime and not foggy...go buy an audi if you want that.
    Each to their own
    Try it, it may look good and everyone else may want to do the same.

whats wrong with DRL??? its on once the hand/foot brake been released. its a requirement in North America 15 yrs ago and proves that accident rate reduced by 10-15%. Australia just so behind and still not enforce to have that on every car.

whenever i drive my teg i switch it on to the parkers so the rear lights light up = more visiblitiy