Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Torque steer or bump steer

I guys, I need a bit of help with serious help with either bump steer or tourque steer issues with my DC5.
    I have a DC5 Luxury which has received a worked k24 w/ Type R transmission transplant and for suspension has a Tein Monoflex. The problem is on agressive acceleration or gear down, the car swerves quite considerable to the right.
    I have consulted two wheel alignment places and are unable to rectify the problem. I have already installed T1R reverse tie rod ends with slight improvements.
    Has anyone had the same issues?
    Can anyone recommend a solution?
    There is a Spoon Anti Bump Steer Kit, has anyone used this kit? Is this a guaranteed solution to my issues?
    Lots of questions i know, but would sincerely appreciate some input.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Have you checked your engine mounts? might have one thats not doing its job

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    More info about the car please.

- What kinda of tyres/wheels are you running (Sizes of rims and tyres)
    - What kind of engine mounts.
    - Are the Monoflex the only suspension mods you have.
    - Worked K24... can you go into a little more info... If you have some serious hardware the torque steer might just be a "side effect".
    - Type R drivetrain would mean your running an LSD no... stock LSD?

Thanks
    Last edited by 45SET; 22-11-2009 at 11:13 AM.

FYI bump steer is relevant to road conditions (that is , the bumps , divots camber of the road) not engine / drivetrain or user input.
    You are getting torque steer quite clearly !

nothing worng with engine mounts

I have a set of 18" Work XD9's on Toyo R1R 225 x 40 on Tein Mono Flex, no other suspension mods.
    K24 engine with the following mods:
    Carrillo Pro H Rods
    CP Pistons 87.5 12.5:1
    Ported and polished head
    Skunk2 Pro Spec 3 cams
    Buddy Club Titanium retainers and dual valve springs
    S2000 Valves
    Type R Gearbox with LSD
    AEM ECU
    Custom Alloy Air Box
    Toda manifold and exhaust
    165KW ATW
    I have a standard DC5 Luxury LCA's and im thinking it might be the cause and i might need to upgrade to a Type R unit. Are there much differences between the two?
    Also, the tie rods are slightly elevated towards the coilover end. Dont these have to be horizontally dead straight?
    Thanks for the input guys!

anyone?

I forgot to montion other suspension upgrades:

Tein front and rear struts
    Tanabe front and rear underbrace

Somebody shed some light please.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    its torque steer.

Bump steer is when your suspension bottoms out causing you to lose control.

I had massive torque steer probs on my dc5. So bad that, that under WOT and changing gears, the car would nearly change lanes by itself. It was kind of hard to drive actually.

I got some roll center adjusters and caster plates, and now there is minimal torque steer

Quote Originally Posted by its_ish View Post
    Also, the tie rods are slightly elevated towards the coilover end. Dont these have to be horizontally dead straight?
    Thanks for the input guys!
    I think the tie rod angle is supposed to be at right angles to the shock. So basically, the more camber you have the more angle you want.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Check your alignment settings first. If you have not done it since the transplant or installed the monoflex, do it now!

High torque through front wheels + LSD + shorter driveshaft on the left side = torque steer turning the car to the right. But all the car does is pull to the right. It is not meant to swerve to the right. If yours swerves, something is not right. So get over to a tyre shop for a laser alignment. If you have adjustable camber kits, let them know as well.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2