Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 / JDM ITR (soon)

Who here has a EG and running on 14's rims?

So, would be wise to ask someone with 14inch rims same as me. Got a few things to ask!

- What would be a wise drop for 14's rims on EG? Can get over humps without scraping but don't leave much gaps between fenders etc. Also getting a Xforce Twinloop, so what would be a wise drop for my EG?

- Kingsprings a good choice? Good springs?

Post pics of your EG with 14inch rims, lowered (please specify how much '' it been dropped)
    Honda Civic EG parts needed (Sydney):

APEXI WS2 (MUFFLER) OR SIMILAR - SPOON DUCKBILL (REPLICA) - EG6 CLUSTER - MUDFLAPS - XENON HID KIT (6000K)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I borrowed my mate's 14" CF-48's for a couple of weeks.. I think they had a 65 profile tyre though.. needs a 45 :P

..they only JUST clear the EK4/EG6/DC2 front brakes

I have Cusco Zero2 Coilovers on their lowest setting in this pic - didnt have any trouble at this height.

FYI this is the same suspension height but with 15" with 50 profile tyres:

at any 'decent' low height you will scrape over everything - depending on what kind of front lip/bumper you have, what kind of header you run, how fast you hit the hump/curb and the angle you hit it from. I can daily-drive at this height easilly - my old Vision Technicasport coilovers were about 1-2" LOWER and that wasnt practical for anything.
    Last edited by VT3C; 03-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    eg stock rims are 14

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr EG View Post
    - Kingsprings a good choice? Good springs?
    I've had Kings and Lovells.. both about the same (entry) price and both offer a slightly more 'sporty' ride quality than stock. They will give you a nice drop (super-lows FTW) however when used in conjunction with your standard shock absorbers - they will speed-up the wear rate of your shocks. they may not destroy your shocks, but they will die faster than they normally would.

Friends have fitted kings/lovells with konis etc and these give an interesting result but IMO for the priceof koni shocks you arent far off a set of entry level coilovers.

AS for Kings as a brand - they are manufactured in Australia which is a good AND bad thing hahaha.. they tend to sag a bit faster than say Eibach springs.. but for most people that are daily driving - a drop in ride height (For looks) and a sporty feel when driving is enough.. and for the price ( normally around $150-200 a used set) they are a bargain.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    White '99 EM1
    yeh i run 14s, but im looking to get 16s with skunk2 lowering springs
    like said above, it's just about how u hit the angle, speed, etc

I'll obviously be going pretty diagonally lol
    BIZ| SELLING MY EM1!!! LINK BELOW!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    if you get adjustable camber arms you can close the gap without going as low.
    however, if you just want to be dumped then don't worry about the camber.

I'm not sure how rim diameter affects car height. The smaller rim diameter is (or should be) offset by a larger tyre profile.

As far as I know, the circumference or outer diameter of the tyre should remain the same no matter what size wheel you have, assuming you use the correct profile tyre. It has to be this way so that the speedometer is right. If the circumference of the wheel is wrong, the speedometer will be out because the distance travelled compared to the revolutions of the wheel will be at a different ratio.

If your tyre circumference is too small, the speedometer will be overstating your speed, because your wheels will have to rotate faster to cover the same distance.

If your tyre circumference is too large, the speedometer will be understating your speed, because your wheels will have to rotate at a slower rate to cover the same distance.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it. Tyre outer diameter or circumference should be set in stone, unless you change the speedometer or recalibrate it. If you drop your wheel size, you need to up your tyre profile, meaning that the height of the car itself shouldn't change, as the centre hub should always remain at the same height.

Personally, I'm going for 15's on my EG, it's pretty much perfect for looks and performance. Going smaller than that allows for a little more side-wall flex, not something I want to deal with on the hard corners!

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    BMW 'Bottlecaps' 14x6 +35

It was a long time ago. Im on coilovers so i guess it was a few inches lower than stock easily.

Dont buy Kings man, just save and get an entry level coilover
    oh wrd!

egSi, what kind of exhaust/muffler is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    im running 17's with pedders shocks and springs i haven't scraped anything yet (and i ahve a shit load of speed bumps at work) but then again i dont try to use them as jumps either

i JUST pass on height
    . h i t o r i k o .

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisEG View Post
    egSi, what kind of exhaust/muffler is that, if you don't mind me asking?
    looks like a polished stock one.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Yeah Jase is right, its a stock EG4 one. Off a EG Gli hatch.

Polished body, black painted tip that had been shortened.
    oh wrd!