common issues Accord Euro CL9

Hi all,

I just bought an Accord Euro Lux nov 2007 6sp manual. There are a few issues that i want to confirm with the rest of you and see if it is similiar to your experiences.

1) On starting the car it goes into a slightly higher deeper rev sound (a friend who has a CL7 says that his doesnt do that)

2) When reversing the car will always hear wheel or gear grinding sound. Its not a gritty grinding sound more like a medium to high pitched grinding sound. I have noticed this sound in my mums old honda civic ages ago must have been 1990 model.

3) Humming/grinding noise on the highway at 80-100km/hr may be related to the link below.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...umming+problem

They reckon it may have been the K&N air filter causing the issue but i dont think thats the case for me as the humming comes from the drivers side and i am pretty sure everything is OEM.

4) Clear coat on bonnet is beginning to peel in areas.

Any feedback if you have similiar issues, what did you do, what was the outcome would be much appreciated.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinfan1 View Post
    Hi all,

I just bought an Accord Euro Lux nov 2007 6sp manual. There are a few issues that i want to confirm with the rest of you and see if it is similiar to your experiences.

1) On starting the car it goes into a slightly higher deeper rev sound (a friend who has a CL7 says that his doesnt do that)

2) When reversing the car will always hear wheel or gear grinding sound. Its not a gritty grinding sound more like a medium to high pitched grinding sound. I have noticed this sound in my mums old honda civic ages ago must have been 1990 model.

3) Humming/grinding noise on the highway at 80-100km/hr may be related to the link below.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...umming+problem

They reckon it may have been the K&N air filter causing the issue but i dont think thats the case for me as the humming comes from the drivers side and i am pretty sure everything is OEM.

4) Clear coat on bonnet is beginning to peel in areas.

Any feedback if you have similiar issues, what did you do, what was the outcome would be much appreciated.
    If it is something that we have had fixed under warranty, you can find it here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711

You should look at the useful threads links to see if your problem is there: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10844

My guesses on your issues
    1) When starting, the engine applies some throttle/choke to warm the engine up quicker. So the sound is either from your intake, exhaust or just normal extra throttle being applied.

2) The reverse gear sound is normal for manuals because the gear is straight cut. You'll hear the same sound on other manual cars.

3) Try changing to a different gear and listen for the hum. If it goes away, then it is caused by engine resonance. My Euro used to vibrate at 2100rpm when cruising, bad enough that my seatbelt adjuster would rattle.

4) Looks like the previous owner washed the car using scotchbrite.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004 Model
    "4) Looks like the previous owner washed the car using scotchbrite."

haha yehhh my cars done just on 200,000km's 2004 model and she gets a wax every 2months and a bath every week, still looks like new. few stone chips here and there but if its well maintained/washed should be perfect for the paint should be alright for the whole life of the car.