Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300

VIP Style or Race Style??

In the process of completely re-doing my CK Accord. Doing quite a few mods, but am still undecided about wheels/stance. I'm going to be dumping on adjustable Koni Yellows and compressed Superlow King Springs (about 4inch drop max).

So essentially the car is going to be quite low, well as low as it can be and still be driveable...

My question is...which of these three styles should I pursue for wheels/stance:

1. Lightweight 17x7/7.5 racey wheels in a high offset (42+) with some 225/40 rubber and dump the car on these.

2. OEM style and throw on the Euro Luxury wheels (17x7 +55) and slam over the high offset (can get these really cheap)

3. VIP? Japanese 18x8 on front and 18x9 on rear with stretched tyres on front and rear (215/40/18) with natural camber and possibly camber kit on rear. Dumped as low as possibele, tucking tire and extremely flush.

Already have guards rolled so my options are pretty open...

Suspension is going to be on relatively soon and once my other mods are done (exhaust, headlights, visors, tint, new front lip) i'll be searching for some new wheels, probably in early Feb. Would love to be a bit different and go for something a wild like 18x9 on the back..which hasn't been done on a CK in australia before. Been doing a lot of reading on US site v6p.net where 6th Gen modding is big and in terms of fitment 18x9 (+38) does work on a CK, just needs some guard rolling, minor camber, stretch tyres and some bumper tab modification...so pretty keen to try it...

price is also a factor as the euro lux wheels I can get quite cheap and the other options may be a bit more expensive...
    I also understand my accord isn't a quick car, so not going for a "race-spec" style really, just more for looks as I'm going to be doing all thats possible to increase performance slighty on the CK regardless of wheel choice.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers
    Last edited by RiceMeister; 16-12-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord V6L
    i think our cars need 18's at least or go 19's like me.

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    I think 18s will be best cause I went with 19s and they're too big for my liking lol. Rather go with more width. What specs are your 19s man?
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceMeister View Post
    I think 18s will be best cause I went with 19s and they're too big for my liking lol. Rather go with more width. What specs are your 19s man?
    buy mine ill give u special price if u want we will make it fit too

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    I think I will man!! It might take some work to get them on right, definitely need some bumper trimming for rear. I'll have my sussy on soon then we could testfit
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    Any advice or opinions welcome!!
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord V6L
    my 19's are 235/35/19 +45.yeah i had to relocate the bumper screw but still had to even when i had 18's but the 18's were +42 so were a little closer to the bumper.

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    Ahh nice, are your 19's 8" wide? I've been reading up a lot lately on fitment and what the US dudes rock and I've decided to go 18x8 up front and 9 wide on the rear with some camber and stretched tires. Gonna have to cut up the bumper tab and guards are already rolled so should fit. Looking at offset between 35 and 40
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    style 1 or 2.

18's look nice & flashy, but your ruining the overall car & it's handling abilities

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    ^Yeah i was thinking that having the car dumped with 18's will probably compromise a lot of handling, but on the other hand the accords aren't made to be quick or agile. I've got a rear sway bar, upper strut and will be putting in konis soon so ill have a good sussy setup. I reckon the accords are good as slow ass cruisers slammed to the ground, ill have sussy on soon so ill be riding on my euro 16's and then decide which move to make.

hows the S14 going?
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    VIP style for sure, but the wheels need to be a Japanese VIP wheel or its not VIP styled.

18's should be fine as long as the car is body dropped on the floor, which I doubt anyone would do in Aus, apart from Alfa (Rein).

Quote Originally Posted by [ IV 23 VI ] View Post
    VIP style for sure, but the wheels need to be a Japanese VIP wheel or its not VIP styled.

18's should be fine as long as the car is body dropped on the floor, which I doubt anyone would do in Aus, apart from Alfa (Rein).
    i think more people would if every driveway was flat and our roads could be better.

Back to topic, race imo, VIP requires too much effort as you need like 23 said, massive drop, big wheels, full body kit, etc... for it to be VIP, so if you're on a budget, probably better off doing race style or else you're stuck in between, just do a clean race look
    Last edited by taccord12; 21-12-2009 at 03:53 PM.
    Hmm... Wonder what i should do with my set of Honda CU2 Euro Luxury 18" wheels with Michelin Primacy HP tyres.