DC5R Head Unit replacement

Hey guys,

I've searched all over the web and forums but can't really seem to get a straight answer, or diagram, on how to change the DC5R old head unit, which is a bit of a let down to be honest, to a new head unit, like a sony for example. Does anyone know how to do this??

cheers
    - James

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” - Clarkson

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    yeah, super audio installations in phillip
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    R33 GTSt & DC5R
    what exactly do you need to know?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hey mate, here is the diagrams that I used to change over my head unit.
    Be careful not to drop the 2 x bolts when your taking them off the underside of the head unit.

Ive now got the Pioneer 7" screen in the DC5, completely changes the look of the dash.

Cheers
    Dyls

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Awesome pics mate, I was wondering how to do this (when I eventually get a screen unit for the DC5S) +1 for you mate.

beautiful mate!!! thankyou so much for your help! did you have any major problems switching them over?
    - James

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” - Clarkson

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Relatively easy if you keep refering to the photos.
    Cover your screw driver with a bit of cloth so you dont scratch the plastic like I did!
    The hardest part was removing the two bolts facing the floor, i had to stick my whole hand in to be able to reach them.

Will upload a photo of my dash later!

please do man, would be interesting to see!
    - James

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Dont do what i did though and push down on the top and bottom of the head unit.
    This squashed it in a tiny bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wat head unit, is that the one thats worth 2.5K...where u geti tf mor and how much? .. also it looks liek there is a gap for the border?

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    no head unit trim dylanr? do you ever have trouble with glare with the head unit at that angle?

installing a hu into a dc5 soon, this thread will be handy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Ive got the Pionner AVH P4150DVD.
    Basically, i just went for the biggest screen i could get in there (7")

The only time when i get glare on the HU is when the sun roof shade is drawn back, but with this unit, you can customise the screen colour, brightness so it doesnt affect you that much.
    With the big screen and the tilt of the DC5 dash, its in the perfect spot.

Still trying to sort out where i can get some head unit trim from, might even try to get some of the piano black finish, so it looks like an extended frame for the HU.