Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA VTI-R / CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    buy an injen or fujita cold air intake, dyno proven performance,

any injen? cause i know my mate has a V2 sounds good on his EG but who cares lol i want more performance then sound, sound i can use an ehxaust yeah? kinda hijacking the forum but, you people seem to know what your on about here thats all.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    havent had no experience with the aemv2 , the fujitas are pretty cheap on ebay us
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUJIT...Q5fAccessories
    Make an offer aswell, it doesnt hurt and you can get an even better price , like i did

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    havent had no experience with the aemv2 , the fujitas are pretty cheap on ebay us
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUJIT...Q5fAccessories
    Make an offer aswell, it doesnt hurt and you can get an even better price , like i did
    for a vti-r here, its gsr in america right?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    vaccuum cleaner style Intake ?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    interested to see how u go about designing the ducting. what type of duct r u using?
    i had a look at using semi rigid aluminium ducting
    kinda cheap at $50 for 3m
    Havent had time to do more than a 10 minute check in bunnings, new yrs celebrations and recovery time..

i have found another pvc drainpipe part that fits nicely in the bottom of the airbox and has a 70mm id which should be ok, but ive also got a 90mm one im planning on modifying. just to get all geeky... here's how i'd start thinking about it from a numbers point of view

1.8L n/a engine consumes 1.8L of air every 4 revolutions, call it 2L to account for leakage, so at 8000rpm (my redline) the engine needs 4000L of air (per minute) or 240Kl/hr. To roughly calculate the intake area required, V=A.v which says that for a 90mm pipe opening perpendicular to the airflow at 40km/h (igoring friction losses and any intake funnel effects) enough air will be entering the airbox to satisfy the engines demand. For a 70mm pipe this speed is more like 65km/h.

All I've found at bunnings so far is ally 100mm kitchen ducting... If i can find a way to mount it, access cool air without major bends then i will use that with an adaptor to fit the airbox, with that kind of intake area, I doubt there will be much air drawn in from the engine bay, instead it might provide some additional cooling to the ABS unit
    Last edited by toix; 02-01-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    by the time uve finish buil this up it will be close as any generic CAI system.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA VTI-R / CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by toix View Post
    Havent had time to do more than a 10 minute check in bunnings, new yrs celebrations and recovery time..

i have found another pvc drainpipe part that fits nicely in the bottom of the airbox and has a 70mm id which should be ok, but ive also got a 90mm one im planning on modifying. just to get all geeky... here's how i'd start thinking about it from a numbers point of view

1.8L n/a engine consumes 1.8L of air every 4 revolutions, call it 2L to account for leakage, so at 8000rpm (my redline) the engine needs 4000L of air (per minute) or 240Kl/hr. To roughly calculate the intake area required, V=A.v which says that for a 90mm pipe opening perpendicular to the airflow at 40km/h (igoring friction losses and any intake funnel effects) enough air will be entering the airbox to satisfy the engines demand. For a 70mm pipe this speed is more like 65km/h.

All I've found at bunnings so far is ally 100mm kitchen ducting... If i can find a way to mount it, access cool air without major bends then i will use that with an adaptor to fit the airbox, with that kind of intake area, I doubt there will be much air drawn in from the engine bay, instead it might provide some additional cooling to the ABS unit

LOL i have no clue what your talking about but im a noob soo yeah . sounds good im intersdted man

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    buy an injen or fujita cold air intake, dyno proven performance,
    For the extra few hundred tbh i'd prefer something else personally.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA VTI-R / CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    For the extra few hundred tbh i'd prefer something else personally.
    LOL that would be what i was think of getting a j's racing style intake

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    jezza, im no engine person so i dont really understand it either, i just had an idea that you could use physics and some assumptions to put some numbers to what is really required of a cool air duct and use them to choose the correct diameter ducting

as i kinda said before, there are a few reasons i decided to do this myself - the main one being i cannot justify spending too much on CAI (my budget is 100-150, id rather spend the extra hunj on stereo gear). This isnt a race car, its to get to work in hence i want to play with it and get a growl and maybe some throttle response but not spend zillions for 1.45hp (or whatever the dyno said). BTW we have rolling dynos at my work, I have used them in the past to assist with fuel map cals and everyone knows that dynos only show relative differences, not absolutes. A small error in the setup can really mess up the results (or make them look awesome if you're trying to prove something)... only engine dynos hooked up to the flywheel can really be trusted. finally, i like building stuff and ive got the time cos im on holidays once im back in the grind, my spare time is all gone

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA VTI-R / CTS
    i understand where you going lol. i anit no drug dealer or a rich mothfkr hahah. so yeah i wouldnt mind doing a dyno either but cbf spending money on it

life of a doll bludger