Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    yeh jezza sed this but im happy to help a dole bludger with cheap cai n tax $$ no offence taken heheh but my reasons arent only cost sorry if i sounded a lil snappy, not completely over new yrs just yet

im not yet blessed with a garage, all my mucking around in the carpark definately amuses the neighbours... last year i pulled the rack outta the mr2 and carried it upstairs to my apartment for a rebuilt/adjustment on the kitchen table il do the work and take some pics when i get time and no rain - my bros visiting from wa so a bit busy at the mo...

what i did this evening tho was put the ducting down from the air box then (looking at the car), about 90degrees left under the left lil inside fender guard, turn it around right under the headlights, infront of the radiator and ac cooler and then straight down through the splash guard (a bit tight but a lil bendyness) and then 90degrees facing front. my only concern with this location is attention and water in the rain, the alternative is to find another way a bit further back and maybe higher but il definitely post it all up my final choice of ducting was the semi-rigid ally kitchen ducting (looks exactly like yellows2k post) at bunnings, just under 30bucks - the only alternative there was much thinner and more flexible but didnt look too promising

xQuizit - didnt wanna cut the stock resonator, wanna keep it so i can restore the car to stock if required. Nice pick up on the lack of sealage at the rear of the airbox, ive got two ideas on how to manage this. First one is this massive rubber seal that I found at bunnings that looks easy to modify to fit in the lip that the stocker sits in - i forgot to grab it today cos i got there 10mins before closing . The other alternative is do nothing - refer to my (intoxicated) post i made this morning in bed, it seems that a 100mm duct pointing directly into the oncoming air might push enough cool air into the airbox (when the car is moving) to stop any suckage of engine bay air from that part of the airbox...

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r View Post
    a lot of ppl love this mod... but honestly, i had this on my car (although it was a trust/spoon drop-in filter in stock box) and my resonator was gone... it was okay... but then i put on a Mugen CAI and it just kills this DIY mod...

so much response... yes i know its an expensive CAI but i have never regretted getting it. next best thing is probably the Injen due to its bang for bucks feature...

and if u can't afford it coz ur a dole bludger... too bad? haha! get a job, save up, and get a mugen... as they say, do it right the first time!
    I have plenty of money to spend on the car and I had a cai previously, which i sold to go back to stock.

Honestly it's like the boyracer exhausts, just because there is sound doesnt mean you're going faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    the only reason i would see people rocking that mod is either they are scared to get defected or they are just cheap.....
    I have no worries of getting defected really, i'm allowed a cai in qld.
    Or I could spend $300 on bushes and be faster around the track?

Think what you want to, doesn't bother me the slightest.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    what i did this evening tho was put the ducting down from the air box then (looking at the car), about 90degrees left under the left lil inside fender guard, turn it around right under the headlights, infront of the radiator and ac cooler and then straight down through the splash guard (a bit tight but a lil bendyness) and then 90degrees facing front. my only concern with this location is attention and water in the rain, the alternative is to find another way a bit further back and maybe higher but il definitely post it all up my final choice of ducting was the semi-rigid ally kitchen ducting (looks exactly like yellows2k post) at bunnings, just under 30bucks - the only alternative there was much thinner and more flexible but didnt look too promising

xQuizit - didnt wanna cut the stock resonator, wanna keep it so i can restore the car to stock if required. Nice pick up on the lack of sealage at the rear of the airbox, ive got two ideas on how to manage this. First one is this massive rubber seal that I found at bunnings that looks easy to modify to fit in the lip that the stocker sits in - i forgot to grab it today cos i got there 10mins before closing . The other alternative is do nothing - refer to my (intoxicated) post i made this morning in bed, it seems that a 100mm duct pointing directly into the oncoming air might push enough cool air into the airbox (when the car is moving) to stop any suckage of engine bay air from that part of the airbox...
    ill take pics of my setup i dun 6 months ago pod inside box with cold air feed using drain water pipe cost me about 15bucks?, why did i do this setup cause i was bored
    Last edited by imratedpg; 03-01-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

For the people that run a duct where the resonator was. How do u collect air as the radiator and fan etc is blocking good airflow. I have an ek with b18c and if I run it directly down it won't get clear air. That's why the injen cai runs into the hole so the pod can collect air better from the front bumper with no obstructions

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    For the people that run a duct where the resonator was. How do u collect air as the radiator and fan etc is blocking good airflow. I have an ek with b18c and if I run it directly down it won't get clear air. That's why the injen cai runs into the hole so the pod can collect air better from the front bumper with no obstructions
    no the ducting sits in the same place as where the pod wud be for an injen behind the bumper, the radiator wont even be in the way,this is my setup looking from the front indicator on a dc2

Last edited by imratedpg; 03-01-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    FS thread OMG heaps of parts for dc2/eg/ek wrecking eg vti!: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111753

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    Quick question, is a one piece or two piece fujita CAI better? Im looking at getting one, but they stock a one and two piece. I thought a 2 would be easier to install?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 K20
    Quote Originally Posted by waffelhead View Post
    Quick question, is a one piece or two piece fujita CAI better? Im looking at getting one, but they stock a one and two piece. I thought a 2 would be easier to install?
    2 piece wud be easier to install and they wud both be the same performance wise ,2 piece wud be better as u can run short ram and long ram

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by imratedpg View Post
    2 piece wud be easier to install and they wud both be the same performance wise ,2 piece wud be better as u can run short ram and long ram
    Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA VTI-R / CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by waffelhead View Post
    Thanks
    performance wise and price. is it good?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    they may show you a two piece design. but they will send you a one piece like they did with mine. i even asked them if it was 2 or 1 piece they said 2. i recieved 1 piecee...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by jezza10 View Post
    performance wise and price. is it good?
    havent got it yet, considering to get.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    toix: Don't know if this helps but I did this mod to mine a few years ago
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...+resonator+dc2