Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1300
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Only thing that blows up b20's is tuners that have no idea what there doing.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Because zeni-tani doesn't know how to build a reliable engine.
    Wow. Going down low there

Any engine for that matter if take on high rpm at all times will not last. Thats why you see many builders destroking the b20 from 89mm to 87mm (type r, b18c2) crank. Surely we all know higher stroke do not favour high revs as much as a engine with shorter stroke.

Dont matter if cast or forged no engine will last if taken on high rpm at all times.

Anyway just an opinion, each to their own.

What I commented above dont think is offensive. All I stated was it wont last long, dont think its right branding anyone. I mean that is what forums are for correct?
    Last edited by zeni-tani; 25-12-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Only thing that blows up b20's is tuners that have no idea what there doing.
    Another factor, but there can be many variables to account for engine failure. It is easy to point fingers isnt it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by zeni-tani View Post
    Another factor, but there can be many variables to account for engine failure. It is easy to point fingers isnt it.
    Our STD Sleeved cast piston'd 84.5mm bore STD stroke B20Vtec was raced for over 12 months rev'd to 9600rpm with no issue's build them right,tune them right 0 engine drama's.People need to stop reading internet BULLSHIT about stroke and bore side loading and start to look into how to assemble and tune an engine correctly then they might not waste money building it with false internet information.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Our STD Sleeved cast piston'd 84.5mm bore STD stroke B20Vtec was raced for over 12 months rev'd to 9600rpm with no issue's build them right,tune them right 0 engine drama's.People need to stop reading internet BULLSHIT about stroke and bore side loading and start to look into how to assemble and tune an engine correctly then they might not waste money building it with false internet information.
    Well I commend you for your expertise mate. But it isnt bullshit, the fact that many reputable tuners and builders have done such set up around the world and me seeing several personally whilst Toda still existed in Sydney I disagree with you.

Honda them selves used it on the b18c on the dc2r because it is the best balance for performance and reliability.

Regarding side loading it probably isnt to evident since its only another .89mm diffrence compared to the b18c2/c5/c7 rod. Have you ever popped the motor to check?

Theoretically a longer rod does reduce side wall loading, surely since you're an expert I dont have to explain why.

At the end of the day the devil is in the detail. Building an engine properly is one thing, preperation is also another but the kicker of them all is the builders attention to detail. Its like a chef they all do the same thing but few stick out from others.

It is a discussion thread surely everyone is allowed to express opinions, im not trying to knock anyone out, so I dont see why there is any need for any agressive reactions.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by zeni-tani View Post
    Well I commend you for your expertise mate. But it isnt bullshit, the fact that many reputable tuners and builders have done such set up around the world and me seeing several personally whilst Toda still existed in Sydney I disagree with you.

Honda them selves used it on the b18c on the dc2r because it is the best balance for performance and reliability.

Regarding side loading it probably isnt to evident since its only another .89mm diffrence compared to the b18c2/c5/c7 rod. Have you ever popped the motor to check?

Theoretically a longer rod does reduce side wall loading, surely since you're an expert I dont have to explain why.

At the end of the day the devil is in the detail. Building an engine properly is one thing, preperation is also another but the kicker of them all is the builders attention to detail. Its like a chef they all do the same thing but few stick out from others.

It is a discussion thread surely everyone is allowed to express opinions, im not trying to knock anyone out, so I dont see why there is any need for any agressive reactions.
    What? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    350 Chevy uses a bore and stroke of 101.6 mm × 88.4 mm.

Bore and stroke isn't everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    The fuk you going on about Pat? What are you arguing?
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Agree with ALLMTR996. Build it properly, tune it properly and it will withstand much abuse. There is certainly a lot of bullshit on the Internet.

And srs there's no point doing a build if you're scared to push it once it's done.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    350 Chevy uses a bore and stroke of 101.6 mm × 88.4 mm.

Bore and stroke isn't everything.
    Yep they do and have a STD rod ratio of 1.637 so what are you thing to say?

And the 87.2mm ITR cranked B20's was something that Adrian believed was the best choice for engines he was building and was his opinion where I have and always will use a 89mm or bigger stroke with the way I build engines where the rules allow.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro
    /\ That's pretty much the size of it.
    The cool thing is if you know what you are doing, there are many proven ways of arriving at the same / similar end result in power, torque, rev-ability & reliability.
    & there is no set in concrete best way to get to the end result.
    When you build a motor for a customer, you do it the best way you know to get the job done & meet the budget & power targets.
    Racing refines your builds... & to some extent biases your opinions. That said, you have to respect what other do & take what you can from that & learn from it.

Now,if you're going to do it yourself, you need to gather opinions from those who can & then make your own decision.
    If the opinion you're gathering off the net or elsewhere comes from those who haven't actually built any of these things, chances are you're going to come unstuck. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want something that works, copy a proven combo. The old adage - combination is everything still rings true.
    If you want something that is at the sharp end of b-series output, you're likely better off seeking the services of someone who has been there & done that rather than troll forums for vague information.