Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    USDM B20z = AUDM B20b8, both have PHK pistons

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    this is regarding V-AFC2.. (you may think it suck's) any way, say correcting A/F ratio's, considering ratio's are similar to percentages. could a A/F ratio be corrected through using a mathematical equation?

most likely you'd tell me to dyno tune it!
    Last edited by Touge Tom; 10-09-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: WRONG SPELLING

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    could a A/F ratio be corrected through using a mathematical equation?
    not in anyway that would represent what would happen in reality, but in theory - for sure they could!
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    You can use maths to solve the amount of fuel needed removed/added for the AFR value you are aiming for. But you need to know some parameters first;

If you know the amount of fuel used, the current AFR, and let VE = 100% at that point, you can mathematically compute the amount of air actually present by working backwards from that 100% VE figure, then use that to base of the new fuel needed for the projected AFR. Simple Have/Want ratio.

Maths has an answer for everything in this world. It just depends if you want to look hard enough for it (sometimes its not really worth your time, like this....)

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    this is regarding V-AFC2.. (you may think it suck's) any way, say correcting A/F ratio's, considering ratio's are similar to percentages. could a A/F ratio be corrected through using a mathematical equation?

most likely you'd tell me to dyno tune it!
    It can, but you need you know your A/F ratio at varing throttle positions through the rev range.
    To graph that, you pretty much need a dyno,
    To adjust the VAFC II & see the result, again you'll pretty much need the dyno.
    Again & again untill you get it right...
    Depending on how quick or slow you are would depend on the cost.
    Realisticly, $150 is not a big huge outlay to have it dyno tuned... (Well that's what we charge anyway)
    If you're going to do it on your own, you'll need a wide band lambda & a stopwatch as a minimum.
    Chances are you'll get booked before you're done & not be able to get it spot-on anyway as the time differnces in accel will be miniman at best with the variable of the driver in the mix.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    And yeah, aside from the obvious stated above.. it's not really worth your time. Just pay a tuner to do a touch up tune.

Edit: Now that I think about it again, you need a dyno to verify your results using the mathematical model anyway!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    $150 to fully tune vafc? If so bargain right there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    discovered that my engine was running too rich, 240cc inj's with 55 psi fuel pressure. i changed my plugs and dropped the pressure to 48 psi. idles alot better now. but i heard some people have their fuel pressure @ 45 psi. what would you guys recommend a decent fuel pressure be , for a built-top and bottom end with-buddyclub-3+ cams and a 12.5: comp ratio, b20vtec that runs of a P30 jdm ecu.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    45psi base?

i run 45psi on my car..but i wouldnt play around with the pressure until your about to put it back onto the dyno.
    it could affect the tune and make it run lean
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R View Post
    i run 45psi on my car..but i wouldnt play around with the pressure until your about to put it back onto the dyno.
    it could affect the tune and make it run lean
    thats just it there's no tune i'm running it off a factory p30 ecu. though i did drop it to 45psi this morning and pick'd up a A/F wide band gauge from my bud's shop. first i just wanna get the A/F correct @ idle with the fuel pressure. then start street tuning it with the V-AFC2. i know it wont be as correct as a dyno tune but it'll have to do till i get time to take it to a reputable tuner?

Account Disabled Array
    Take it to Bel Garage for a reputable tune