Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,177 to 1,188 of 1300
    Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    okay ,,so the b20 head is not going to get me anywhere even if i work it out as in porting,,valves, guides,,springs etc

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    always do

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by antish_r View Post
    okay ,,so the b20 head is not going to get me anywhere even if i work it out as in porting,,valves, guides,,springs etc
    not really, when you can do vtec head for under $1k.

what compression ratio does your B20B have? I understand there's a high and low comp version? (early/late model difference perhaps?)
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    B20 head isn't worth all that work just hold out until you get a vtec head. On firesport someone's selling a b18cr/c7 head for 1.5k nego if you're interested B18c head with buddyclub valves, TODA valve springs and titanium portflow retainers. all brand new parts with a second hand port and polished head. does not include cams.

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    not really, when you can do vtec head for under $1k.

what compression ratio does your B20B have? I understand there's a high and low comp version? (early/late model difference perhaps?)
    pretty sure is 9:2:1

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMasFCUK View Post
    B20 head isn't worth all that work just hold out until you get a vtec head. On firesport someone's selling a b18cr/c7 head for 1.5k nego if you're interested B18c head with buddyclub valves, TODA valve springs and titanium portflow retainers. all brand new parts with a second hand port and polished head. does not include cams.
    yeah saw that but he isnt nego on prices

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by antish_r View Post
    pretty sure is 9:2:1
    if you're not changing the pistons it may be wise to run a B18C2 head with a skim, should get you close to 10:1. 9.2:1 is a bit low imo.

Run skunk2/blox intake manifold if you want it to be similar to an ITR head. I think you'd benefit from the compression increase more than having slightly better flow.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    i see

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Are you planning on freshening up the bottom block or are you just gonna slap the vtec head on ? If you're gonna freshen it up run the RS ITR pistons 11.5:1 ( CHR1S's recommendation ) Not too bad in price and they have similar characteristics to Oem ITR ones. Then that way you can go for a b18 head. High comp ftw.

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMasFCUK View Post
    Are you planning on freshening up the bottom block or are you just gonna slap the vtec head on ? If you're gonna freshen it up run the RS ITR pistons 11.5:1 ( CHR1S's recommendation ) Not too bad in price and they have similar characteristics to Oem ITR ones. Then that way you can go for a b18 head. High comp ftw.
    planning to do so,,,considering all the options,,,even turbo
    dammmn 11:5:1 is indeed high

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 EK
    B18c head with buddyclub valves, TODA valve springs and titanium portflow retainers. all brand new parts with a second hand port and polished head. does not include cams Price:$1500 neg

what do you think on that

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Honestly that's not bad considering everything is basically done for you, he is nego on prices so try throw him a offer. If you're gonna be turboing it then the RS machines are not for you sonce theyre cast style pistons. You're looking to go down the forge route onviously which will set you back a bit more ... All comes down to what your future plans are really. Yeah of course NA's need high comp, but in the end most of your power is from the head. Get a nice set of cams to go with that b18c head like skunk2, toda or m22x cams ( another one of chr1s's recommendations ) and you should be producing satisfying numbers after the tune