Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm boy View Post
    Bump this back up, is the bike ride by wire or is there still a cable from the throttle, also any other differences between the abs and non abs model apart from ..... Abs?
    Conventional throttle cable.

No other mechanical differences apart from the ABS. Back in 2008 when I bought mine, the colour choices were different from ABS to non-ABS models. I wanted a black bike so I couldn't get it with ABS.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    What type of fuel consumption does it do? And how does it compare to day a ducati 600 and hyasong 650r?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    I haven't ridden a monster so I can't compare to that, but, the smooth 4cyl in the Honda feels sweet and the bike feels so much higher quality than the Hyosung. I had a ride of the Hyo 650 and was very disappointed... It feels old and heavy and uncommunicative. The Honda engine feels so much sweeter to use too. That's my opinion anyway

had one , great bike. Rev it out and it pokes along well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    No more Benla? What's the fuel consumption like? Can't really remember the Kms I used to get from my old mc19 but I remember It was pretty awesome
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm boy View Post
    No more Benla? What's the fuel consumption like? Can't really remember the Kms I used to get from my old mc19 but I remember It was pretty awesome
    Pretty much the same as any other 4 cyl Honda donk
    It did get alittle rich under stop start riding , but open road it was really good.
    I recall around 170-180 in heavy traffic and about 250-300 open road

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX/DC2R/1kRR
    I had a run up the Oxley on my CB400 with a mate on his GSXR-1000. I kept up in the very tight stuff and obviously had no hope when the road opened up a bit.

Anyway, the point is that I used more fuel than he did for the exact distance. I think I used about 1L more fuel for the same bit of road. (13 vs 12 or something like that, I don't remember the details). Where he could just gently roll on the throttle I needed to be at WOT to have any chance of keeping up. That bike taught me a lot about cornering smoothly and quickly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Solid built bike but I found it kinda suffers through the top RPMs. Could probably solve that with a less restrictive exhaust. It was one of the quicker LAMS bikes but the new EX300 Ninja has taken that title with the highest HP/kg.

As for CBR250R vs.RR. The RR has better suspension, brakes and ride position. Contemplated getting rid of the R for a RR as it's a much better track toy.

The price of the CB400 really put me off. For a LAMS bike it's ridiculous.
    They priced the new CBR500R and CB400F a lot better (around $9,000?)
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Solid built bike but I found it kinda suffers through the top RPMs. Could probably solve that with a less restrictive exhaust. It was one of the quicker LAMS bikes but the new EX300 Ninja has taken that title with the highest HP/kg.

As for CBR250R vs.RR. The RR has better suspension, brakes and ride position. Contemplated getting rid of the R for a RR as it's a much better track toy.

The price of the CB400 really put me off. For a LAMS bike it's ridiculous.
    They priced the new CBR500R and CB400F a lot better (around $9,000?)
    CB400 - 39kw/168kg
    Ninja300 - 29kw/172kg

I'm starting to think you work for kawasaki the way you keep praising the 300.
    You should stop spewing facts you haven't researched.
    If you like it, rep it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Having ridden both. The Ninja300 felt way lighter than a CB400. I urge you to try it yourself. Also try the acceleration and throttle response in real world situations. Like stop/go or low to medium speed overtake. The parallel twin really shines over the I4.
    If you still feel the CB400 is a better and quicker bike, then feel free to pay more for it (considering it's age and cost)

BTW you quoted the wet weight for the EX300 but dry weight for CB400.
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Having ridden both. The Ninja300 felt way lighter than a CB400. I urge you to try it yourself. Also try the acceleration and throttle response in real world situations. Like stop/go or low to medium speed overtake. The parallel twin really shines over the I4.
    If you still feel the CB400 is a better and quicker bike, then feel free to pay more for it (considering it's age and cost)

BTW you quoted the wet weight for the EX300 but dry weight for CB400.
    You ride the bike as its supposed to. You wouldn't be puttering around at low rpm on an I4 vs the parallel twin, so your argument of low speed overtake etc. is redundant.
    Re; wet vs dry, it was all I had at the time. If you want to nitpick you should reevaluate that argument if you think the slight difference in wet vs dry weight is going to drastically close the gap in p/w ratios for both bikes.
    If you like it, rep it.

Guise

This thread is about the cb400 - yet again ill say i had one , great bike. One of the better LAMS bikes - as it is abit $$$ it does retain its value , and looks quite nice too. I pictured myself as some anime character ( like Golgo 13) riding around on it all jdm like. I had a Yoshi straight pipe that sounded great too - it had teh vtech noise