Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Hi All,

I am on my fulls and have just purchased a 2010 CB400. White and Silver.
    Delivery is next Saturday.
    Great bike.
    I'm short and petite and it suits me well because of that, but it also has the looks, the specs and the get up and go.
    I had a Yamaha Virago whilst learning.
    This is an amazing upgrade.
    Can't wait to get on it!
    Cheers,
    Bikie_chic :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    its not exactly a small bike tho? lol

congrats on the purchase
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Thanks!
    It's not a small bike....that's why I like it.
    Strictly speaking, I am unable to buy anything bigger than a 250 due to seat height and kerb weight.
    The Honda CB400 was JUST RIGHT!
    I was wanting to get something more powerful, not LAMS approved, but then I run the risk of getting a bike that's too heavy.
    I would hate to drop a brand new bike!
    Cruisers have low seat heights but tend to be really heavy due to all the chrome.
    Very happy with my choice!
    Bikie_chic

Got one here - alittle heavy for it's power. But overall a decent handling bike. Keep the revs up and the bike goes hard.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Good buy - and welcome to OzHonda
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Newcomer Array

Cool

Thanks!!!

Got one and LOVE THIS BIKE - probably the best LAM approved on the market in my opinion.

Smooth power delivery, grunty enough to get you out of trouble, handling is predictable and its a bike i wouldn't mind keeping after my P's.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    I haven't heard anything bad about the 400's besides something about the lights shorting out or something along those lines on some of them, besides that they are awesome bikes

PS Congrats on teh purchase
    Last edited by pieee; 30-10-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by bikie_chic View Post
    Thanks!
    It's not a small bike....that's why I like it.
    Strictly speaking, I am unable to buy anything bigger than a 250 due to seat height and kerb weight.
    The Honda CB400 was JUST RIGHT!
    I was wanting to get something more powerful, not LAMS approved, but then I run the risk of getting a bike that's too heavy.
    I would hate to drop a brand new bike!
    Cruisers have low seat heights but tend to be really heavy due to all the chrome.
    Very happy with my choice!
    Bikie_chic
    Most bigger bikes over $10,000 are usually height adjustable. I'm on my 4th Bike now, I went from 125cc > gsxr600 > old 01 R1 > now CBF250 . I find the CBF250 (similar size to CB400?) feels way more heavier than my GSXR600. GSXR600 is heavier obviously but because it has steering damper and better susenpion, better tyres and 2-3x more power, it feels a lot more lighter and easier to ride than the CBF!

I like CBF250 coz simple to ride long distance without hurting ur back like R1s/ GSXRs. But GOOD BUY. CB400 is good i hear.

Also, You don't have to worry about dropping if u buy oggy knobs and put spools at the rear.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF Civic+VTR250
    I highly recommend the CB400 as a learner/P bike, I'm currently on my L's... I have a VTR250, but my house mate has a CB400 (also a learner rider) so from time to time I ride his bike. From my experience I must say that it's a great bike to ride! It can easily be treated as a cruiser but when you need the extra 'kick' it definately will not let you down...

It's quite heavy and the throttle is a little sensitive, but if you have good balance/throttle control then it's okay.

Over all, I can't really fault the bike. It's a great Learner/P's bike.

Liza x

CB400 is probably the best learner legal bike in my opinion,
    you got the power, the comfort, the suspension, its a HONDA, naked, easy to control, low as well.
    If you can afford.. it really is a bike you wont let go.

good choice for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    Bump this back up, is the bike ride by wire or is there still a cable from the throttle, also any other differences between the abs and non abs model apart from ..... Abs?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.