Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008

Unhappy Accord 2008 Poor Ventilation

Hi All,

Has any other owner of 2008 Accord VTi noticed a weaker air flow in their vehicles. When I turn the dial high up on split (that is air flowing both on feet and face), the air flow is really weak. I used to get more than this on half the intensity. The fan seems to be working fine and changes speed as I change the mode of the fan. I do not have the optional air pollen filter fitted.

Took it to the dealer and they claim everything is perfect.

I know its summer but the car should not feel stuffy when its on a free-way going at 100KMPH.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Just about every car I've driven seems to split more air to the feet than the face vents when on that setting. I don't have the 08 Accord like you but it just seems that's the way cars I've driven work out.

Usually the side fans keep pumping, they do in my current Accord, just the middle ones are rather weak like you have said. I just turn the side one toward me if I must have some airflow on my feet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Just about every car I've driven seems to split more air to the feet than the face vents when on that setting. I don't have the 08 Accord like you but it just seems that's the way cars I've driven work out.

Usually the side fans keep pumping, they do in my current Accord, just the middle ones are rather weak like you have said. I just turn the side one toward me if I must have some airflow on my feet.
    My issue is not the amount of air my feet or face get but that the total amount of air coming out has weakened (become less than half of what it used to be). Natural air flow should not weaken like it has. It is understood if the air conditioning weakens because there are other factors (such as gas and son on) that dictate the quality of cold air.
    Last edited by NileshP; 12-02-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    dude, my wife complained of the same thing the other day, more air was comming out of the side vents than the center 2, air flow was in AUTO mode.Changing mode to just face level fixed it.