Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]

Thumbs up changing no plate lights on dc5

Hey guys i attacked this the other day its verrrrry easy took 2 minutes but some people out there might not now how to do it..

Tools:
    1 ciggy
    t10 white led bulbs or whatever colour you want...u need 2 of them
    maybe some degreaser
    flatblade screwdriver

anyways

Step 1:

go to the rear of car...look directly on top of your number plate you will see two black things ( i will update with pictures later on)

step2:

push them gently away from you not towards and they should unclip off the bumper, do this for each 1 then theyl just hang

Step3:

grab flathead screwdriver and gently take the cover off ( mine was very dirty and un-clear so i grabed some degreaser and cleaned it up and MAKE SURE you let it dry or dry it by hand..

Step4:

remove previous t10 bulbs, replace with new white led bulbs...turn parkers on to test if there working...smile a little bit and say **** this is mad then repeat steps in order of removal...it will just clip str8 back on..VERY EASY

and thats it...1 thing i noticed was...buy decent t10 bulbs ebay 1s for 5 bux keep blowing or flicker and dont sit right...go autobarn or supercheap and pay 15 and you will notice the difference this is just a personal preferance tho..

Anyways enjoy i can send pictures upon request...

enjoy

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    some1 rep me (A) l0l

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    just a note that it is illegal to change no. plate lights...but good write up!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    just a note that it is illegal to change no. plate lights...but good write up!
    for real?

to op, would be best if you could provide pictures also. make it much easier for the ones who know nothing about cars.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    its not illegal if there white? and you would get issued with a defect notice if your stupid enough to put blue lights...yeah il get pics soon as im re-doing it coz i bought cheap ebay bulbs n didnt last

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by najdi View Post

tools:
    1 ciggy

enjoy
    damn right! A must tool

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    id rather a can of bourbon to enjoy!

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thanks for deleting my posts nub... And like i suggested, the ones from liquidsound, a trader on ozhonda has pretty good quality ones... I have had his for many months. Great colour. Hasnt busted n cops dont care.. Dc5 looks like a modern car, so they think its stock

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    didnt delete ur posts buddy..i posted in the wrong section and re-wrote it...try reading before you acuse someone of anything...cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    umm no, it was this post, cos im looking at the thread time started n that... either way, i dont care.. this DIY isnt worthy ofa rep point from anyone neways lol

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    **** ur dumb...go check diy request and youl see ur dumb head blabbing on trying to promote lights u must work there...

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    umm no, it was this post, cos im looking at the thread time started n that... either way, i dont care.. this DIY isnt worthy ofa rep point from anyone neways lol
    No one can delete/edit your posts besides admins/moderators.

If someone buy's a DC5, they should seriously get their head checked if they can't change their number plate bulbs.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend