Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Civic VTi

Exclamation 2009 Civic VTi Brakes

Hello all,

My front brakes seem to always squeal during cold braking be it light or normal stop start traffic.

The dealer has mentioned glazing build up and have said they removed the glaze from the brakes but only a day later they are still squealing.

Any ideas?

IMF.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    yeah my FD2 squeals as well. Due for service in a few thousand K's so I'm gonna tell the dealer then as well.
    09' CIVIC FD2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    I had a similar squeal problem. However, it wasn't because of glazing of the brakes. It was cos the wheel nuts were on way too tight and possibly caused the factory steelie to rub against the brakes/calipers.

Notwithstanding, I've since changed my rims and no more squeaking since.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Civic VTi
    Thanks, I bought it from them as a demo which was apparantly a Service Advisor's car... I guess I'll just keep taking it back until the squeal goes away... Or I could just change my rims...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Honda Civic VTI-L
    How would glazing bulid up on your brakes..hrm interesting, sure the service guys isnt telling you porkies

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Our new Civic had dreadful squealing on front brakes. Like fingernails on a blackboard!

Over the course between it's first & second & third service Honda did:
    De-glazing pads; then
    Machined the discs & changed pads; then
    De-glazing pads & discs again; then
    Said..."driver issue".

Which got up my nose...to which we replied..."I wondered when you (Honda) was going to drag out that old trump card.."

Anyway, they fiddled with the breaks a few times & the last time they fixed them. I suspect they said they were changing pads but actually changing them from one side to the other as the noise changed sides...who knows .

Anyway it's all good now...just keep pressuring them & quote that others have had the same issue, and here...the wonders of the internet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    fd2
    yip my brakes squeal and was told it's glazing build up. i got this de glazed stuff put on by honda and it worked for a day or so as well. but i find using the brakes hard gets rid of it. problem is where i live is flat, and i tend to engine brake by habit so my brakes never get a good thrashing. i went up tamborine one day and rolled down in neutral using brakes the whole way. that cleared it up for some time. i think its a design fault with brake pads or something and honda try to ignore it.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    indeed, got my brakes deglazed on my 10k service but not long after its squealing again, worse than before. I also hardly ever use the brakes, mainly engine break to slow down and brakes to stay stopped.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    I think it's Pad material. The non-asbestos pads really appear to have issues.

The pads appears to be too hard & last too long. I've seen more than one type of car go thru discs as pads at the same time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    Quote Originally Posted by eNGee View Post
    I had a similar squeal problem. However, it wasn't because of glazing of the brakes. It was cos the wheel nuts were on way too tight and possibly caused the factory steelie to rub against the brakes/calipers.

Notwithstanding, I've since changed my rims and no more squeaking since.
    i have a stock vti too.. and the squealing has happened for a little while now whenever i've been breaking.

changed my rims tonight and i haven't heard any squeals since. this must be the reason why.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2010 Honda Civic VTI-L
    On the subject of brake pads, is there must brake dust from the OEM pads? As you seem some cars round with compeletly black rims....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sapook View Post
    i have a stock vti too.. and the squealing has happened for a little while now whenever i've been breaking.

changed my rims tonight and i haven't heard any squeals since. this must be the reason why.

That's interesting. I wonder if Honda knows this.

Thanks