Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Integra LS

Engine light hunting idle

Hey guys,

Driving into work this morning, everything is good,
    pull out to over take this slow horse float, go into second gear, vtec comes on,
    starts reving up (vtec on @ 4.5k) at about 5k - 5.5k the car jolts (as in a sudden loss of all power) engine light comes on and obviously i have backed off at this point, i quickly shift up some gears so cruising at 60 in 4th and it seems to be cruising ok, engine light is now just on, there's no weird noises from the engine but I seem to lose power the higher i rev it (without hitting vtec) and also when i stop at lights my idle will sit at 2k or if I've used the gears to stop to get the revs below 2k it'll sit at 1.5 but roam a bit like between 1.5 and 1.6..

Any suggestions, I've got b18c vtir with hondata s200, I would have checked the code but I'm stuck without a serial cable atm sigh, will try get down the shop and fix it but yeah any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    check basics before you jump in and start trying to diagnose a tune fault. check for a vacuum leak
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Integra LS
    OMG SO ANGRY!

I got my cable just then but on the way back from the shops, i bottomed out suspension on this shitty manhole thing, the car then slowly reved down and stalled. Started it back up, perfect, no engine light on, no high idle, all performance back. WTF !?!? Please I hope someone knows the problem because this is gonna piss me off not knowing what it was, at least if i had got the laptop onto it i could have got an idea of what it was that was causing it and replaced the part.. SSSIIIIIGGGGHHHHH!!!!

But at the same time kinda happy LOL!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like loose wiring, or a connector not firmly connected

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    could b dodgey earth

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Integra LS
    It's happened another 3 - 4 times at complete random since, but only for like a min or 2 then it goes away again fail.. I'll be checking all the wiring on thursday hope that's it lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    yeh my teg, was running mint then shakey idle etc. then a week later good. put new earths on and its sweet now.

what i would check man is put jumper cables on the engine and then earth it to the chassis that will give u a real good earth if it behaves itself then its prob that