Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F

Buying CIVIC CXi Hatch, Thoughts?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums haven't really posted anything as of yet just been browsing here and there reading every little thing I can find that helped to be a factor in my choice for a car.

Well now it seems I've stumbled upon a great little CXi, immaculate engine, 190,xxxKMs on the clock, clean interior, Red in colour, which I have checked out previously and tested and plan on purchasing tomorrow(well today, its 1am), and I just wanted to know from all the CXi owners and other civic hatch owners thoughts on how these cars perform, the comfortability, and reliability and other things such as these.

So please post anything you think about these cars, be it good or bad.

Thanks everyone =D
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

IMO pay the extra for a GLI if you can.

It has disk brakes, power options, etc.

Just better in the long run!

However realise at 200K you have to a major service on the CXI consisting of (if it hasn't already been done):

- All belts
    - Tensioner bearing
    - water pump
    - plugs etc if they need doing.

If you pay a mech to do it you'll be looking at around 1,000$ +

IMO if you can find a GLI EK for 5/1000 dollars more with less ks, OR the major service done, it'll make sense to do that.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Hatch
    I have a red cxi hatch as well. Great car as a daily. Not the fastest or most powerful car but a very fun and nimble car (with a few basic handling mods) to drive. Is alot more street friendly than my previous 180sx and alot less hassles. Basically any auto workshop will be able to service them as its not an import so Ive been able to cut down on maintenance costs by not sending it to the specialty workshop I used to for my 180. The D series engines also super reliable if regular services have been done. Ive heard some ppl go to the 500,000km mark with it. Only thing I might warn you is that red is not the best colour to maintain, especially the honda milano red colour, as it is notoriously known to turn pink if you keep it in the sun for too long. The pink is starting to show on my car which is a 2000 model. But I guess it comes down to the condition of the particular car you are looking at. Good luck!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Yeah I understand that the major service will need to be done soon on that car but I've been shopping around for a good while now and I really cant find anything better than this CXi, It's up for 4G, so the extra 1G won't bother me too much a bit down the track.
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Make sure it's done just before 200,000, who knows when it will fail?

my thoughts exactly what of SSS.

imo save up more money and get a GLi. in the long run u dun wanna be buying shit for elec windows, rear brakes, this that. do it right the first time

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Yeah well I bought the car today sorry but I really have no time to wait around for finding a better one because I start uni this week and the car is a necessity. I will be doing the timing belt sometime this week when i get a chance cause the car is on 195,xxx at the moment and I would also prefer to do it before the 200 mark because my prelude that I owned for a petty month and a half had the timing belt break on me and bend my valves thus moving me up in the world to a civic hehe

So I guess im going to turn into a regular on this forum, get used to seeing my blue dinosaur =D cheers for your thoughts guys maybe sometime at the end of the year a VTi will come along for me to grab up or do a conversion either way I'll be happpy

Thanks!
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    i got a CXi as my daily too, nothing wrong with them.
    I wasn't really looking for one but it popped up at the right place and at the right time (when i had the money ). Nothing wrong with them. Only thing now is i can't stop buying sh!t for it and i have another civic in the garage tham i'm spending money on as well

As far as CXi vs Gli, the manual windows don't bother me too much, less stuff to break in my opinion, the drums in the rear pull up just fine, it's only my daily to and from work after all so it won't see any spirited driving, manual mirrors, since i'm the only one driving it i set it once and don't adjust them and neither does anyone else. Even in my sedan i pulled out the power mirror switch after i adjusted them and put in an engine start button

Ohh and welcome to the forum
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Haha thank you Boban, makes me feel alot better about my cxi not that I was getting sad about it or anything but better
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Post up pics
    What colour? etc
    Getting a new car is always exciting!
    (maybe not new but you know what i mean)
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    you will soon catch the civic syndrome (which is you will start buying everything you can for it).

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    What year model is the cxi?