Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Last edited by pieee; 24-02-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Take image tags off, too big.
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Looks exactly the same as mine. Except, mine is a 98 model. Its a great little runner.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Just a question, How do I get permission to post in the Market Place and also make new threads, Is there an amount of time I need to wait or something like that?

Cheers.
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by pieee View Post
    Just a question, How do I get permission to post in the Market Place and also make new threads, Is there an amount of time I need to wait or something like that?

Cheers.
    Hey mate nice little car you got yourself I used to own a cxi, it was the ideal run around car. Used to get 500km+ out of a tank so that was a bonus they have a tough little reliable engine in them and with regular servicing etc should cause you no major problems.

Red is a very nice but requires constant maintenance as previously stated....hope you have a garage for her?

As to your question about posting in the markemplace take a look at this link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60154

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    check all steering components
    check all cv boots for tears
    check the rear trailing arm bushings
    check the sump for oil leaking down it

ontop of the usual checks in the engine bay

red is not a fun colour to maintain, buy some good wax and do it monthly, cover it if it's outside if you don't have a garage
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    nice looking car. Its looks identical to mine. The car isn't the fastest in the world, but it has more than enough nip for a daily, and it with simple mods can be made better

If you want a nice upgrade to the looks of the car, I would recommend the EK4 front lip. I am currently saving for a set of alloys for mine.

But I will warn you about the paint work, it will start to turn pink if you leave it out in the elements, and do not wash,wax/polish it often.

I have managed to hide the effects through polishing, but it some spots I am beginning to notice it turning pink.

here is mine that i use as a daily from uni/work/home

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Thanks for all the info jks24 and EK1.6LCIV guess I just need to wait till I make somekind of useful post :P

Uke your car looks great, unfortunately my car has already started the turning over to pink before I got to nip her up to call my own, the rear wing with the brake light has basically faded along with some other small patches over the car, but I've bought some wash and wax and polish items that will hopefully help out, I'll be doing it today. As for that Ek4 lip I've actually been looking at a few and I'm just waiting for the right amount of cash flow to come in, when that does happen its the Ek4 lip and the GLi cluster with tacho, along with maybe some new shmexi wheels
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Thanks mate!

I find that you can make the pink patches return to their redness, if you give them a good wax and polish. Your plans sound exactly the same as mine for the car. The GLi cluster is a straight swap, and there is a guide on here for swapping the odometers to keep your original Kms'.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Yeah i've read pretty much every single guide in this forum and i get pretty hands on with my cars this is my third car unfortunately within a year in a half, the prelude I had just before this had a broken timing belt so I had to part out the entire car to make some money back to be able to afford one of these babies xD

Im in the Hurstville area, how about you? And have you managed to find any GLi clusters around or even the CRV ones i hear that fit?
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by pieee View Post
    Yeah i've read pretty much every single guide in this forum and i get pretty hands on with my cars this is my third car unfortunately within a year in a half, the prelude I had just before this had a broken timing belt so I had to part out the entire car to make some money back to be able to afford one of these babies xD

Im in the Hurstville area, how about you? And have you managed to find any GLi clusters around or even the CRV ones i hear that fit?
    Not sure about hrv ones however you could go with an ek4 one, em1 or even ek9 if you want to spend that much. Your engines redline will be lower than these clusters tho.

Pm sent
    Last edited by jks24; 25-02-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    I'm rocking a crv one in my cxi, the hrv look completely different
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Where did everyone read HRV? Lol i wrote CRV :S Anyway cheers jks24 I got in contact with the seller of the cluster
    VROOOM! VROOOM!