Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch

Overheating headaches..

ok so back with yet another problem :P

my car was losing coolant and overheating: Fixed
    then was overheating because dodgey fan wiring: Fixed
    now is still overheating.... its a nightmare that just doesnt end.. lol

i have tested the wires between the fan switch and the fan and it works fine, but again in slow traffic on hot days, redlights, roadworks it starts creeping up. so i guess the fan isnt engaging some times. although i have tested twice today after it overheated and then it went back to normal temp the fan was definatly running.

im going to have a squiz at the fan switch tomorow at the workshop as it might just be either starting to play up or just plays up once every so often. anything else i should check?

i have tested the fan against a battery and its fine, the wiring is properly soldered and heat shrunk.

There is no leaks anymore in the cooling system

i have taken out and inspected the thermostat and its working fine althoug its not closing 100%, it has a very small gap when cold but in boiling water it opens all the way out.

and have also tested the wiring from the plug for the fan switch to the plug for the fan itself.

Thanks in advance for any info
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    To be honest mate, replace the thermostat, its $30 bucks and see how it goes, worst case scenario you have a new thermostat. I've had my own overheating issues.

From what you have said it sounds like fan isn't working, is the fan moving? Check the blades and see if there intact? This happened on mine I had broken blades causing it to overheat when I slowed down.

Take a look at the fan itself, and see if thats the issue.

Best of luck

i had same prob in my eg.. turned out to be the water pump..

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8, DC2R
    hey mate same here i had the same problem did the radiator radiator cap thermostat still the same then did the water pump and its bakk to normal most likely its ur water pump
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    tried a new fan switch and its working fine... guess its the water pump, the most expencive fix out of all of them... thanks for the help guys
    FIGJAM

nws man anytime.. waterpump then oem coolant n shuld be sweet hope it works out

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    is the radiator new? could be the radiator fins damaged or the water galleries within the radiator are clogged full of debris.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    radiator is about 8000 ks old. and flushed it out and tested to see ifit was flowing and it was fine thank god.. ordered a water pump if that doesnt fix it im gunna flip lol
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    dont know if its been said, but also get a new radiator cap...........

check under ur radiator cap if theres white stuff.. if there is signs therenit might be the head gasket.. coz if u checked n fixed everything else in the cooling system then the last thing that will cause ur car to overheat will the oil mixing with coolant which leads to head gasket.. check it out wen ita still early so ur head wont get damaged that much

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ^ you mean the engine oil cap
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

also radiator cap as well wen the oil mixes with coolant u can see white stuff on the radiator cap.. and also engine oil cap lol