Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04 Luxury

Euro Power Steering Pump

Can anyone here give me a rough estimate of how much a new power steering pump for the euro is? Anywhere is fine, just wanted an idea of where and for how much people who might have replaced theirs got them for. Looks like I'm going to need to replace it since the one in my 04 euro lux is failing.

Also thinking of getting it replaced at Top One over in Arncliffe since its only 5-10mins away, never been there for repairs though. Anybody have any thoughts or any other suggestions?

Cheers for any information.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO4 View Post
    Can anyone here give me a rough estimate of how much a new power steering pump for the euro is? Anywhere is fine, just wanted an idea of where and for how much people who might have replaced theirs got them for. Looks like I'm going to need to replace it since the one in my 04 euro lux is failing.

Also thinking of getting it replaced at Top One over in Arncliffe since its only 5-10mins away, never been there for repairs though. Anybody have any thoughts or any other suggestions?

Cheers for any information.
    Try wreckers for a 2nd.hand unit.Top One are good.I personally haven't used them but a number of the guys here have and i've heard nothing but good reports.

I will prefer a new one for peace of mind... you will never know when the 2nd hand unit might fail and workmanship to change it aint cheap either.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro MY06 Std Auto
    What are the symptoms of a failing pump? Does it squeel when you turn the steering (mainly while parking)?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04 Luxury
    Mmmmm thanx for the input fellas, I'd probably go for the new pump as well for peace of mind. Money isn't so much an issue as getting VALUE for my money; that is a job well done and reliability for a change. I'll give Top One a call.

From my experience with this issue i've noticed a number of things to indicate my power steering pump is failing:

1. A loud whining/squealing sound while turning, particularly at tight corners whilst holding revs or while driving slowly while turning the wheel. This is what it sounded like at first, its gotten worse so now it whines on every turn of the wheel.

2. Stiff steering particularly in cold weather (but also when it's warmed up) and while turning at low speeds.

3. Occasional feeling of slippage while turning the wheel.

4. Power steering sometimes feels like it goes out for a second while turning.
    Last edited by EURO4; 04-03-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Spelling

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Top one are good.
    Did a service with them lately!
    Dedy is a good bloke.

have you done a power steering fluid flush before? Try flushing before changing. Even with my other 1999 car overseas, its still running on the original PS pump.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EURO4 View Post
    Mmmmm thanx for the input fellas, I'd probably go for the new pump as well for peace of mind. Money isn't so much an issue as getting VALUE for my money; that is a job well done and reliability for a change. I'll give Top One a call.

From my experience with this issue i've noticed a number of things to indicate my power steering pump is failing:

1. A loud whining/squealing sound while turning, particularly at tight corners whilst holding revs or while driving slowly while turning the wheel. This is what it sounded like at first, its gotten worse so now it whines on every turn of the wheel.

2. Stiff steering particularly in cold weather (but also when it's warmed up) and while turning at low speeds.

3. Occasional feeling of slippage while turning the wheel.

4. Power steering sometimes feels like it goes out for a second while turning.
    My 04 euro lux got the same sickness from last week!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Just a warning to everyone with 03-06 (at this stage) Euros. Recently there have been quite a few high pressure power steering hoses failing. Main symptom of this happening is smoke coming from under the bonnet. These are very costly to get fixed, kms on the cars have been about 80 000kms and upwards. This is due to the high pressure hose looping over the manifold for no good reason. There are a few models of Honda built this way, but at the moment it only appears to be a thing with the earlier Euros. At this point, there is no recall or extended warranty from Honda Australia for this stuff up. Until they get enough of these happening really quickly, it will be an owners wear full cost matter. OEM parts range from $400+, thats without labour costs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda03 View Post
    Just a warning to everyone with 03-06 (at this stage) Euros. Recently there have been quite a few high pressure power steering hoses failing. Main symptom of this happening is smoke coming from under the bonnet. These are very costly to get fixed, kms on the cars have been about 80 000kms and upwards. This is due to the high pressure hose looping over the manifold for no good reason. There are a few models of Honda built this way, but at the moment it only appears to be a thing with the earlier Euros. At this point, there is no recall or extended warranty from Honda Australia for this stuff up. Until they get enough of these happening really quickly, it will be an owners wear full cost matter. OEM parts range from $400+, thats without labour costs.
    Had the top hose problem occur around 140 000kms... i just took off the top hose, took it to a hydraulics hose mob and had it repaired for $100 (basically replaced the hose and restrictors). Dont bother taking it to honda, i think my quote for the top hose was in excess of $500.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    My pump occassionally sounds whiney... and when you rev the engine, it gets louder with it.. but then it will stop?.. weird.. I know its the pump, as it will do it more when I turn the wheel..

The resevoir is full of fluid.. maybe it just needs a flush I guess... the fluid is about 80k old!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda03 View Post
    This happened to mine recently and I also had a hose made up by a hydraulic shop, after fitting and refilling with fluid, there is a load groaning whirring noise present. I originally replaced the fluid with non-genuine but have since drained and replaced with genuine honda fluid but the noise is still there. Next step is to order and replace the seal on the pump end of the hose (there are none in stock)