CL9 at 100k... Synthetic Oil?

So my baby is approaching 100,000km.
    Since she's out of warranty, I'm planning to do the interim services my self (oil, filter).

She's been serviced at Honda Heidelberg her whole life so I'm assuming they've been using Honda FEO.

Question is, is it ok to start using Castrol Edge 5W-30 from now?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Do it, I started using full synthetic from 60000KM's

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    I started using Castrol EDGE 5W30 at 106,000kms and it was fine for 10,000kms, oil level remained the same throughout the 10,000kms as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    you will definitely notice an improvement !!! revs much more freely.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by sodhi90 View Post
    you will definitely notice an improvement !!! revs much more freely.
    ^^^^As above.change to full synthetic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Id recommend going up a grade.
    As the engine wears. Clearances are not what they used to be from factory. A slightly thicker oil will compensate and most probably prolong your engine life. Not only that, but going up a grade also makes the oil more prone to heat.

Something like 0w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40 should be sweet as sugar.
    Just remember that if your car was serviced at a honda dealer all its life, its had nothing but 10w-30 mineral if at best semi-synthetic oil.

I usually change oil every 2,500-5000 kms and oil along with filter at 10,000kms.
    My theory is. You keep the oil clean, there is less the filter needs to filter out.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    Id recommend going up a grade.
    As the engine wears. Clearances are not what they used to be from factory. A slightly thicker oil will compensate and most probably prolong your engine life. Not only that, but going up a grade also makes the oil more prone to heat.

Something like 0w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40 should be sweet as sugar.
    Just remember that if your car was serviced at a honda dealer all its life, its had nothing but 10w-30 mineral if at best semi-synthetic oil.

I usually change oil every 2,500-5000 kms and oil along with filter at 10,000kms.
    My theory is. You keep the oil clean, there is less the filter needs to filter out.
    No, stick to 5w-30 or 10w-30 for the euro. Do not go up a grade unless you have a problem or plan to run the engine hard to reach high temperature conditions such as on track.. Changing oil every 2500 km is excessive. 5000-7000km is about right as it covers even severe conditions.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2