Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accord 2.4L-fuel efficiency

Hi mate,

I'm planning to buy my first car, my first preference is the Accord Vti but I'm still not sure with the big engine...
    Should I trade the comfort of Honda Accord with the fuel efficiency of Civic Vti-L or should I go for Accord?? What do u think guys?

The price difference is not much between the Accord Vti and Civic Vti-L

Ta

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    its down to personal choice man, civic and accord are both good cars:

1. accord gives you little bit more luxury and interior space, bigger road presence and has a better interior too.
    2. civic gives you a cool dash and you can tell everyone you have a civic, they automatically think of a little nimble hatch :-). interior is smaller than accords and styling is very cab-forward in design.

cheers

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Member Array
    hit up the accord! such a great ride!!! plus you wont regret the extra room

+ its still great fuel economy! my 2.4L euro nabs about 9.6-10km/L and thats with me driving like a hoon :P
    Last edited by rayd; 09-03-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    accord for sure! cant be that bad for the fuel, its a honda

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by a_k View Post
    Hi mate,

I'm planning to buy my first car, my first preference is the Accord Vti but I'm still not sure with the big engine...
    Should I trade the comfort of Honda Accord with the fuel efficiency of Civic Vti-L or should I go for Accord?? What do u think guys?

The price difference is not much between the Accord Vti and Civic Vti-L

Ta
    Fuel economy isn't that bad. I do around 600-700KMs on a full tank (70 litres) on M5 peak hour, weekdays. I'm sure it would be even better if you are on a not so busy road and off peak. I only use air conditioning when it is absolutely necessary.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    my euro manual gets on average 8.0L per 100km, i very rarely rev ast 3k tho lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    so, made up your mind yet?

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    I previously owned a Civic before I bought the Accord and the Accord totally feels more comfortable, solid and luxurious. I also feel much safer in the Accord than in the Civic. I don't mind paying the extra fuel costs if it means extra comfort and safety. If the Accord is not that much more than the Civic in price then go straight to the Accord because I feel that once you buy a Civic, it won't be long until you will regret not going to the Accord. Best thing, test drive both cars and you will definitely notice the difference.

Good luck in any decision you make as they are both excellent cars for the price.

thanks guys for the comments. much appreciated.

i think i will go with the accord. will visit few dealers this weekend.

any suggestions on the price and optional accessories that I can get for free? I noticed the price of accord vti is 33490 driveaway from the march honda sale promotion in the web. i was thinking of haggling the price at around 30-31k. do you reckon I can get the car under 30k?

a friend of mine told me that a guy called mitchel in larke hoskins homebush always give a reasonable price. any feedback if you have previously bought from him?

ta

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    2009 model is $500 cheaper according to the official Honda website but you get only 4 airbags while the 2010 model gets 6 airbags. I think that the only difference in specs.

Bought my Accord 2009 (40th Anniversary) from Larke Hoskins Homebush. I couldn't haggle the price down at all! They just gave me a better than normal trade in price for my Civic and...a free umbrella. I guess I fell for the Accord and wasn't really concerned much about the price as much. It seemed good value and within my budget at the time.

Under 30k looks pretty hard for the 2010 model. Think you'll have a better chance with the 2009 model.

The mistake I made was not to shop around to the other Honda dealers (laziness on my part). See what other deals you can get from other dealers and use that to see if they can do better, even if it is complimentary accessories like mats, door visors, window tints, door sills etc.

well, i'll try my best this weekend. will let you know how it goes my brother bought cr-v in 2002 at larke hoskins rosebery, and he got 3 free umbrellas + tints + mats. lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    heehee

Was ok with the umbrella. Thought it would be a standard Honda golf umbrella, you know, the one which has the Honda logo, but instead it had Larke Hoskins on it. I guess it was a smart form of advertising for the dealership.

Wow your brother is lucky! Umbrella for driver and 2 other passengers!!! Don't even think Lexus will even do that if you paid double the price.