Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro

[CL9] The Infamous Euro R Grill Help Please.

apologies admin if this thread has been started at an earlier time.

But i'm really desperate.
    ok, I have a CL9 Euro with a stock standard Front Grill
    (Silver Bar with Silver H Badge)

I'm wanting to do the same conversion as many have done on this site,
    the EURO R Front Grill Conversion with a Red H Badge.

my doubts are:
    1. I was going through the JDM YARD (Sydney) Catalog Thread (below)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...58&postcount=4

and i spotted the Entire Euro R Front Grill Kit (first item in that post)
    however, it says ( pre face lift 02-05 model ), does this have anything to do with my 06 Accord Euro? Will it still fit on a CL9 like mine?

2. My second doubt would most definately be the estimated cost if i were to take the Grill to a Mechanic and have it installed for me, how much would it cost? I have no experience in Mechanics what so ever so i'd be hopeless in installing the Grill myself. Unless someone in Melbourne would like to offer to help install it for me and teach me while on the job so i can do it myself in future times haha.

HELP THIS NOOB PLEASE!
    THANK YOU.
    Simon the euroRwannabe.
    Last edited by euroRwannabe; 18-03-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: re-read rules of thread posting.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No, if it is for the 03-05 model, it won't fit your 06
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

don't waste your money getting someone else to install, it is a relatively easy job.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Acura TSX
    You'll need an 06-08 Specific grille.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    03-05 wont fit any of the 06+... In essence to the installation is quite easy, all u need to do is locate all the clip 4 the front bar so that it can removed. From there its self explantory.
    Ill see if I can locate a youtube clip of this for you man.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    No Unfortunately the grille will not fit as everyone explanied, the 03-05 grille is honey combed where the 06+ is more of a horizontal lined black messy thingy. Fitting is quite easy and its not rocket science, just get yourself a grille first and fiddle around with it. Should just slot in with clips supporting it bottom and top.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    apparently, I couldn't get rid of the stock grill from my car.. it's the 05 model and I find it quite hard to take it off the clips.. any wise advice ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.X View Post
    apparently, I couldn't get rid of the stock grill from my car.. it's the 05 model and I find it quite hard to take it off the clips.. any wise advice ?
    The Clips have the centre circle, get a flat head and pop the middle and you should be able to then pry the outside circle....

i bought the euro grille for my 04 model and installed it myself. its really annoying to get that plastic screws inside the grille area. . took me like 30mins to remove all 4 !! but yeh JDM should have a grille for the 06' model though?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    hmm thanks guys.

if someone get find me a good trustworthy place such as JDM Yard that sells the 06 Grill then much appreciated.

Installation problem is solved, i got a friend who can install it for me.

Thanks for all the support and help guys.
    Much Appreciated.
    Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.X View Post
    the bottom clips can be an issue, especially since some of the clip thingys can be stubborn and there is not alot of space.

if desperate, I guess you have to resort to removing front bar.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    the bottom clips can be an issue, especially since some of the clip thingys can be stubborn and there is not alot of space.

if desperate, I guess you have to resort to removing front bar.
    yes...guess have to remove the front bar in order to complete the whole process easily...sigh* btw, thanks for ur advice