Adding Aux In Port

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to add an aux in port on the original Honda stereo in my 2006 Civic. It's got a CD/Aux button and I know the new ones have it so is it just a case of running a cable from the back of the unit? Do Honda offer an official kit? Will the local car stereo joint put one in?

Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    use the search function its a 2 wire job, but have to dismount the dash so out of 10 ill give it a 9 difficulty to install .

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Try this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ethlar View Post
    Sorry about any lack of clarity this is my first write up ever. I dont actually have the part do complete the instalation but someone had asked about how hard it was so here you go: (this is based on my lx 5spd sedan but it should be pretty much the same for everyone)

Pull down on the top of the boot that connects to the shifter it just snaps in place, then unscrew the shift knob.

Pull in the circled areas starting on the right to remove the part around the shifter.

Pull starting at the bottom and working up the panel towards the stereo, I marked the approximate locations of the clips in green for reference.

The plug that the aux input connects to.

The bottom of the console is already marked for where to drill.

After that its all in the instructions for the aux input install you can get online, this was just to help clarify how to get the console apart.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

i was trying to add photos but coudn't do it? how do i go about adding photos?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I'd rate it a 6/10 for difficulty. 1 for taking apart the dash, 1 for installing the aux cable, and 4 for fitting the damn aircon tube back in.