URGENT - Anyone who has fit a 05-06 Type R rear bumper

I urgently need to know if a JDM 05-06 Integra Type R bumper is a direct fit to an AUDM 2005 Type S.

For the sake of detail (and to make sure I have everything right) I have the part # for the JDM rear bumper:

71501-S6M-010ZH from a JDM DC5R (which differs from our 71501-S6M-Q01ZZ bumper with the wide number plate area).

The VIN I gave the dealer to check if I can get this part is DC5-2301006 (a JDM Type R VIN number).

Are things like the clips, guide rails, mounting points, intrusion bar, reinforcement bar etc. all exactly the same as they are on the JDM model?

So basically is there anything stopping me buying a JDM rear bumper, taking off my bumper and mounting the new one with the exact same fittings etc. that are on my AUDM DC5S (without screwing around with ANYTHING)?

I need someone with experience in fitting one themselves so I can be sure, please don't answer with hearsay or "I once saw a guy". Need facts and FAST (by tomorrow morning if possible).

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Good to see you decided to keep the car. Good lucky with it... look awesome once you do it. I've done the same thing with my pre-facelift. My panel beater didn't have any trouble fitting my JDM rear bar, and didn't say he need to order any other parts...

But that was for a pre-facelift, so MIGHT not be the same as the facelift.

Yeah I'll keep it for a while longer. Thanks mate.

Good info. Thanks for that. Hoping someone can do the same for a facelift model!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Yeah I'll keep it for a while longer. Thanks mate.

Good info. Thanks for that. Hoping someone can do the same for a facelift model!
    I was looking at a JDM DC5R rear bar for my DC5S from JDMYard a while back. Decided against it but almost 100% sure its a direct fit.

Perhaps you could contact Yonas to confirm?

Yeah good point. I'll see if Yonas can shed any light but I'm not sure if he has fitted one himself - I need a 100% guarantee.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    JonnieR from ClubITR had a facelift JDM rear bar.
    Perhaps you could confirm with him also.

Heres another member from ClubITR with a facelift JDM rear bar:
    http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6230

Awesome mate - sent them PMs. Thanks heaps for your help!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Awesome mate - sent them PMs. Thanks heaps for your help!
    Yep
    same AUM same JDM, Just the number plate area is different, thats it

Thanks heaps maracer!

For those interested - just confirming with maracer that all clips and fittings etc are the same and it's simply a pull off, put on job.

Just for the sake of contributing useful information to the board...

For anyone interested I've found out, thanks to the ever so helpful maracer & JonnieR from ClubITR (thanks guys - appreciate it), that the JDM Type R bar for an 05-06 model is a straight swap from AUDM to JDM. All of the extra odds and sods (clips etc.) from the AUDM/Aussie Honda Dealer can be used and the structure of the car under the bumper isn't any different from the JDM model.

The only points to note are that there is only one licence plate light in the JDM bar, as opposed to the AUDM's two (just tape the other up). JonnieR also mentioned that I might want to consider a "JDM licence plate holder" for the JDM bumper as otherwise I need to drill the plate straight into the bumper (which from what I've seen is what most do).

From the pictures/part breakdowns I've seen as well as the references on a Japanese site that I found (link to follow), the bar comes moulded with the two little tabs underneath to hold up the plate, so it must be the design of the bumper to screw the plate straight in.

Question answered - thanks guys.

Link (also useful for getting other Honda part numbers, click around the site - other models are listed):

Meta: JDM DC5 DC5S DC5R Rear Bumper Bar VIN Part No No. #

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Where can u find that jap licence holder? Im in the process of sourcing a jdm rear bar for my
    type s. An i want the number plateto be perfect