Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro

[CL9] "High Performance Lowering"?

hello again from the noob guys!

ok since i'm from melbourne i was looking around at some high profile performance stores such as "The Tyre Factory".

i was going through their online catalog specials and one thing caught my attention.

http://thetyrefactory.rtrk.com.au/
    (click on specials on the top menu bar)

the first special tells me that they are doing "High Performance Lowering" to all vehicles which comes with new springs for $450.

They're catalog however did not mention what brand or type of springs they are.

This leaves me in doubt whether this "Special" is really worth it.

A good friend of mine assumes that the springs that they will install would be "King Springs", he also tells me that they arn't very good.

Tell me guys, is this "Special" trustworthy? If you know, can you tell me what brand springs they will install and if they are suitable for my CL9?

thanks guys.
    Simon.
    Last edited by euroRwannabe; 25-03-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: URL malfunction

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    lol at high performance lowering...with springs only I don't think so...do a bit of research on here and you will find that if you only change springs the shocks will wear out quick.
    Do it right the first time and get coilovers or matched springs and shock combo!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    lol at high performance lowering...with springs only I don't think so...do a bit of research on here and you will find that if you only change springs the shocks will wear out quick.
    Do it right the first time and get coilovers or matched springs and shock combo!
    So the "Special" isn't very trustworthy is it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    i no what they use they used KING SPRINGS and yer i wouldn't take it to them to do anything there prices aren't that great and also there job isn't too great either.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    .to King springs.If you want to go springs only get Eibach.They are one of the few lowered springs that wont blow your OEM shocks prematurely.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    King springs / whiteline / lovells etc aren't that bad, it all depends on how low you drop the car.. 25mm drop will prob be the least damaging to your shocks.. But if you don't really care too much, just get the super lows and drop the car!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    what about Tein S.tech springs? will they hurt my shocks?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by sodhi90 View Post
    what about Tein S.tech springs? will they hurt my shocks?
    Spring is a spring dude.. the Tien ones are painted green instead of yellow / orange / pink / blue etc..

25mm is prob the max you can away with where your shocks will last a little longer.. but as I said, it is up to you dude, I was never one to be fussed on the condition of my shocks, so I used to slam all my cars LOW...

(i'm now waiting for someone to say "a spring is not just a spring, they are wound differently, and some use better steel, and some are softer and stiffer etc... I know this, but when you are slamming a car to the floor, it's pointless.. nothing is going to get the car as smooth as stock unless you got adjustable coil-overs).

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    yeah i'm not looking to slam my car mate.

hey guys im also a noob looking at lowering my cl9. its currently got stock 17's on it. i went to one place they said 700 to get springs and it would be a 30mm drop. does this mean i have to get new coil-overs ? also a recommended drop on the car?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    $700 just for springs! A couple hundred more and you can find coilovers or a spring and shock package

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    go coilovers, do it right the first time (Y)