Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ye 700 bux just for springs and labor any good places in melbourne ?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    They were probably locally supplied eibach springs and that sounds about right for what places charge including labour. The first time I had eibach put in it was 680 all up. I didn't know back then, i'd never do it again. Even if you want springs only and someone to install them, get them off ebay and then get someone local to install them. Save a couple hundred. But as others said, I suggest either springs + sport shocks or coilovers, not just springs on stock shocks. Id recommend getting it from ebay because of the dollar, and then getting it locally installed.

As for places to install or supply , what area are you in? I can recommend some.

im in roxburgh park Melbourne. around broadmeadows/ cragieburn. so my best bet is ebay eibach springs and what brand coilovers? how do adjustable ones work? sorry noobish questions but don't know too much about lowering. hence me being here

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    im in roxburgh park Melbourne. around broadmeadows/ cragieburn. so my best bet is ebay eibach springs and what brand coilovers? how do adjustable ones work? sorry noobish questions but don't know too much about lowering. hence me being here
    Ok you dont but springs and coilovers, you buy springs and shocks, or coilovers.

Coilovers are a whole suspension system that are very customisably with dampening settings and height settings. A bit more expensive however customisability is a benifit. A few people have buddy club n+ on there car on the forum and they think it's still comfy.

Spring shock combo come as 2 different parts. Eibach is the only spring to get dont trust other people when the say king springs they are beyond useless. To be honest if you were to get spring shock combo I would get eibach springs pro kit with either konis or bilstein shocks.

Now eibach springs you can buy from australia for about 600 i know there are a few specials on the web atm so do research.
    For shocks all the quotes i have recieved from everyone in victoria are about 1200+ for front and rears. however go on to a few americain sites look for Acura TSX 03-08 and you will find some for around the 700amrk not including shipping.

And then you will have to find someone to install suspension city in north melbourne are reputable bit out of your way but still close. However many mechanics should be able to do it for you. I think installation would be about 200-500 depending where u go.

Coilovers Buddyclub N+ are about 1400 including postage and rear camber kit. also about the same amount in installation.

Research before you buy and you should be sweet either option and do not opt out for cheap parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    i have a brand new set (4) of CL9 king springs if anyone wants :P $160

marquee thanks for that really helped clear things out. so i have to get eibach springs + shocks? you mention something about a combo i didn't quite understand. coilivers buddyclub N+ are they like the combination of both?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    spring shock combo means springs and shocks work together.

coilovers is a type. buddyclub is a manufacturer n+ is the model

I heard Pedders springs with stock shocks is not a bad setup for someone who is not looking to spend too much (under a grand) to lower their car as they only lower the car by about 1.5 inches which still leaves enough room for your shocks.

This ofcourse depends on how you drive - if you take humps on high speed and sh*t they you will obviously stuff up you're shocks even if you have stock springs.

Has any one here tried this setup? What do you think? Would you recomend it?

i don't know about pedders but a bit of research and you can get springs off ebay for about 300 bux. apparently there okay with stock shocks. eiabach. any1 hear of it? also you can get coil-overs for about 900 on there what i don't know is if i get coil-overs are they enough or do i still need springs or a shock? yes im noobish

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    i don't know about pedders but a bit of research and you can get springs off ebay for about 300 bux. apparently there okay with stock shocks. eiabach. any1 hear of it? also you can get coil-overs for about 900 on there what i don't know is if i get coil-overs are they enough or do i still need springs or a shock? yes im noobish
    Yes Eibach springs are good.They're supposed to be OK with stock shocks.Best to do the job properly and replace both shocks ad springs

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    go coilovers, do it right the first time (Y)
    agree

yeah, save a lil more for coilovers and ull be smiling

okay so i have two options from what i gatherd. either i get eibach spring ( 400 ebay) and then shock ( not sure how much ) OR i can get a coil-over set ( 1100 off ebay ) which are adjustable from my understanding.?