beaks tie bar? what issues do i need to know

i picked up a beaks tie bar relatively cheaply off ebay. im going to run it in an eg5 with coilover. i couldnt stump up the cash for an asr, so i went with the beaks first off.
    my car isnt super low, but i do get a scraping noise (prob exhaust) on speed bumps. will i have issues with the beaks if its installed.
    also i read that there is a version 2, also read that they have high tensile bolts now.
    i just want to clarify any concerns before i get this thing installed, or should i just scrap it, sell it and save up for an asr

basically, i want to tighten up the handling, its still a bit wallowy around corners. i tried to adjust the tein ss that i have, but it just makes it a bit crashier, any advice appreciated

i guess a thicker swaybar is prob the order of the day

First of all, the beaks tie bar is no substitute for an ASR subframe reinforcement brace.

The tie bar is simply that, a tie bar connecting the two LCA mounting points to each other. A tie bar by itself will offer no noticable increase in handling - anyone who says they have noticed the difference a tie bar makes oh an EG/DC is under the effect of placebo.

As you say, beaks does decrease ground clearance - I do believe a member here lost his on the freeway one day due to his car being low.

If you want to tighten up the handling of your car and stop making it as 'wallowy', you should look at getting a bigger swaybar as you say. There are two ways to do this. You can buy the beaks subframe reinforcement kit which will allow you to run a 22/23mm dc2r swaybar on your EG. You can also use the tie bar on top if you wish.

Alternatively, you can run ASR subframe brace, which is the most popular choice for a reason. As the brace runs the entire length of the subframe, it acts as as a tie bar as well, eliminating the need (want?) to run a beaks tie bar. It also offers no compromise in ride height. You can run either the dc2r oem 22/23mm bar, or asr themselves offer a 24mm bar which you can get packaged in a kit with the subframe brace, D bushes, and spherical endlinks for <500aud from the states (weksos).

At the end of the day, the beaks tie bar is a useless piece of bling that decreases ground clearance and offers no noticeable increase in handling at all. Imo sell it off and go for the proven setup of ASR + dc2r swaybar or asr bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    imo,a tie bar is pure bling bling. .. i'd still get one for that factor, but onthe dc5, tis sooo short olol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    is the DC2R factory tie bar for bling too?
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Bah, I thought so, anyone want a beaks bar for eg.
    Lmk

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    Thats different. It comes on the car already. I guess what i am trying to say is that the handling advantage that a beaks tie bar may offer is not worth the cash outlay.

There are other much better bang for buck alternatives out there - You know this yourself having designed your own subframe reinforcement back in the day if memory serves me correctly

Would you buy a beaks tie bar?

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post

totally different design ! The DC2R bar is mounted according to hondas designers and testing results , while the beaks tiebar has little or no bracing effect. It is a poor design and 100% for show only.

is weaksos the best for pricing for the asr subframe?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91 eh9
    not really try honda-tech for suppliers

dont forget itll be from 60 to 80 bucks for shipping!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    JDM yard has the ASR

Also the beaks bar has caused some members to rip their subframe
    Even on cars that were not super low.

If your gonna go cheap just a standard rear strut brace is better than the beaks cos they don't sit as low
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    With the ground clearance I wouldn't be too worried. Unless you plan to climb big gutters to park your car and so on.