Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

EK dash removal...

hi, was wondering how to remove the dash off a EK civic... 96 GLI
    thank you.. sorry i searched but not too good at it
    (for a friend btw)

ohh while im heere... would u know how to remove rust off mags without damaging???

its simple there's 2 screws where the surrounding is.
    take the black surrounding off and i think there is another 2 screws if i remeber right.
    and the whole cluster bit comes out..
    i think thats about it..

Member Array
    Car:
    shitbox
    there doesnt seem to be any screws around the stero and air conditionion dash part, anyone kno how to take that off?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I haven't pulled my dash apart yet but I found this thread to be useful:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=remove+dash

How to R&R A/C & climate control panel from EK Civic

Hi all,

My infill panel around the fan controls is squeaking a bit, I'd like to remove, clean and replace - does anyone know how to do this?

Car is a 1997 EK civic GLi hatch.

Thanks & regards,
    Nick

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    Hi all,

My infill panel around the fan controls is squeaking a bit, I'd like to remove, clean and replace - does anyone know how to do this?

Car is a 1997 EK civic GLi hatch.

Thanks & regards,
    Nick
    Which actual section are you referring to? The piece around the radio or near the cigarette lighter or the vents near the steering wheel???
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

I mean the bits below the radio.
    There is a large central panel with the fan, heater, and AC controls. Either side of this central panel there are black fill-in panels.

I guess the first step is to pull off the knobs for the heat/cold selector and fan speed?
    Do I lever the panel off from the front or do I have to get in from behind and loosen some screws or something?

I hope this makes more sense.

Regards,
    Nick

Car:
    Civic
    To access this area:

First remove the gear knob (if it is a manual it just unscrews).

Push the seats as far back as possible and remove the four screws from the plastic piece surrounding the handbrake (the screws are on the side of the piece - you should see them when you push the seats back). The plastic piece can now be removed by sliding it towards the rear of the car.

Now remove the section around the gear knob. To do so, remove the four screws on the side of the console piece (two on each side). Then you need to lift upwards and backwards the piece making sure to lift the gearboot over the shaft that holds the gear knob.

There are then four screws that hold the lower tray in. Two on each side (one above the other). These are easy to spot. Just remove them and the whole tray will come out.

Next comes the tricky part. There are about six screws to remove. One is inside the ashtray (open the tray and it is directly above it). Open the glove box and there is a screw in the top right hand corner. There are two screws on the other side near the cluster (you need to remove the piece of plastic that surrounds the drive shaft) and then the whole section comes out.

If you want more detailed info. let me know. The trick is to move slowly and if a section isnt coming out you have probably not removed a screw.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    ej8
    damn it seems so complicated why did they make it sooo hard!