EP3 Type R and the Airbag Recall

Hi All,

I recently had a lot of back and forth with Honda Australia and Honda Blacktown regarding my EP3 and the airbag recall.

Being imports to Australia, Honda Australia conformed they are still responsible to do something about it and suggested I take it to Honda Blacktown to get it inspected to confirm chassis number and airbag details. I went down there and asked them, who then said I had to ring Honda Australia...

After a few calls to the airbag recall line, Honda Australia then rang and spoke to someone at Blacktown Honda and explained they needed to look at my car.

Did this last Friday and they removed both modules and took photos which have then been passed to Honda Australia so they can liaise with Honda Japan to work out which modules they are and if they need to be replaced. One of the techs who worked on my car said it may only be the drivers side needing replacement as the passenger one is huge and he hasn't come across anything like it while doing the recall work.

Will update what I find out as there's a lot of EP3's here in Aus now.

My wife's FD1 has now had both airbags replaced, so feel safer in her car.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

I finally heard back from Honda Blacktown, they said after investigating and sending photos of my VIN and the airbags with serials to Japan, that my car is NOT on the affected list, I find this kind of strange considering how many other types are, can anyone else confirm the same with their 2002 EP3 R ?
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
    I finally heard back from Honda Blacktown, they said after investigating and sending photos of my VIN and the airbags with serials to Japan, that my car is NOT on the affected list, I find this kind of strange considering how many other types are, can anyone else confirm the same with their 2002 EP3 R ?
    My understanding is that EP3R's were made in UK? It might not actually have Takada airbags in them
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars