Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowering dc5s

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 DC5-S

lowering dc5s

Hey guys, Im lookin to lower my car by round 1.5" all around. I cant afford coil overs and wonder what would be the best springs to get. Apparently pedders and king springs are supposed to be good, but will i lose alot of ride comfort? thanx
    Last edited by AbzMina; 30-03-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by AbzMina View Post
    Hey guys, Im lookin to lower my car by round 1.5" all around. I cant afford coil overs and wonder what would be the best springs to get. Apparently pedders and king springs are supposed to be good, but will i lose alot of ride comfort? thanx
    Pedders and king springs are not good, they're the cheap option so don't expect alot from them, and yes you will lose ride comfort.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 DC5-S
    "not good"......could u tell me why they are not good? are u talking from a handling perspective? Im not lowering the car to gain handling, i just want keep the same handling but make it look nicer.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    honestl,y dont get springs, until u can affford coilovers, diffrence between coilovers and a stock setup is ngiht and day

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Not good for handling, and they will sag after a while especially using them on stock shocks.
    As I said, these cheap springs are a cheapo solution unless you get good shocks that will match the shorter springs and spring rates.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    it will cost quite a bit for you to change the springs only. coz it requires double work than changing the coilovers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 DC5-S
    got quoted $450 for pedders springs...fitted and aligned
    i cant really find any coilovers cheaper than $1500

for the labour (fitting side) pm me when you are ready. I will save you a considerable amount over other places.

+1 for a slight lowering via eibach or spoon springs , or dont bother.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by AbzMina View Post
    got quoted $450 for pedders springs...fitted and aligned
    i cant really find any coilovers cheaper than $1500
    2nd hand coilovers can go as cheap as 1200

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    You got a nice car man you wouldn't want to put something cheap on there and in time it will sag. IMO just wait for a decent Coilover to pop up it'll pay of in the long run.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Not going to be a party pooper but my ITR has Pedders Springs in it since 2004 (The tag was on the springs still) and when i had my car serviced they said my shocks are still in mint condition (Honda) Only one is SLIGHTLY leaking but they've told me the springs have been matched to the shocks therefore my shocks won't blow up... (BTW purchased my ITR mid of last year)
    Don't get me wrong they're not comfortable on bumpy roads but they aren't half bad...
    If your going to lower your car on the cheap side, try avoid the labour factor and just purchase the springs to save cash...
    Im stilling planning to upgrade to Coilovers but having the springs already was a bonus lol

If i was in your situation, i would probably rush into it like i usually do and buy springs to lower it.. if you do that, at least get them matched to your shocks (will most likely pay abit more) that way your shocks won't give out as quick as most think.

My shocks will be getting changed mid year if i don't have coilovers put in so yeah.

Thats my opinion.

Oh btw, alot of people seem to forget on the downside that Pedders are much better then King Springs as King Springs are American and designed for American roads while Pedders are designed for Australian roads but they still do sag... keep that in mind.. so the comfort isn't to bad as i said.. just bumpy roads.. well yeah.. avoid em lol
    Last edited by WATAJK; 30-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    jsut do it right the first time.