Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DC5R exhaust mugen twinloop vs fujitsubo?

Hi guys,

I'm just curious to know if anyone with a dc5r has had experience with a mugen twin loop exhaust? Does anyone know how it performs,low-mid range or mid-top? also how does it sound?.
    And also how does this exhaust compare to the popular fujitsubo Power getter and RM01a?
    I'm planning to install Toda headers and i'm looking for an exhaust that is more low-mid range peroformance and decent top range,yet not too loud i dnt want too much attention.

Any insight is apprecited cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    hey mate,

i've just currently installed toda headers on my dc5r with a fujitsubo powergetter exhaust. its not loud until vtec opens up, so you wont get too much attention. but im not too sure about the comparison with the mugen twin loop exhaust. the combo of these 2 is great, but for my experience with it.. its more mid-high range.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Both Mugen and FGK exhausts are a great upgrade from your stock exhaust. They all provide low to mid range power

Mugen is the quietest as it is a twin loop to keep the DB down, next is the RM01A while the power getter is the loudest but not by much IMHO

Any three of those exhausts would suit nicely for the toda headers as long as you get a high flow cat.

i would recommend the FGK RM01A but the Mugen is also a great exhaust.

I agree with Burak213, both mugen n fuji exhausts are great..

I currently have full fuji RM01a on my dc5r, does well for me - I like it loud but not too loud so it works =P (if that makes sense..)

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    For those who aren't on clubitr:

Power Getter + Toda Headers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hey M@lew, do you know how much kw u got atw? Im just intrested because im getting a dc5R soon

Koevi, 143kw atw stock

off topic cuz.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wow niceeee

thanks

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    Hey M@lew, do you know how much kw u got atw? Im just intrested because im getting a dc5R soon
    I haven't dynoed my car with the Power Getter, but when it was tuned on the Revzone hub dyno it made 160kw. It had a BC spec 3 exhaust on at that time.

Well on my DC5R im running an X-Force system to a 4" Cannon and the note is fantastic and the gains are pretty good for what i paid. There's nothing wrong with X-Force systems but i am intending to get Toda Headers as they are what i set as my goal.
    I can post a video if you wish of what an X-Force system sounds like.

oops, i meant 147kw. ha !

soz.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I had both of them before.
    from personal experience, I like Mugen Twinloop better. It has that unique sporty sound like those in the video games. Twinloop has better mid and top range power.

RM01A is slightly louder I would say compare to Mugen Twinloop. It has better low and mid range power.

I am currently using RM01A, but if I have a chance to revert back to Twinloop or anyone is willing to swap with clean Twinloop, then I would.

Remember though, header makes big difference on the loudness as well. If you have aftermarket header, you are expecting to hear the difference on the sound.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dkonect View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm just curious to know if anyone with a dc5r has had experience with a mugen twin loop exhaust? Does anyone know how it performs,low-mid range or mid-top? also how does it sound?.
    And also how does this exhaust compare to the popular fujitsubo Power getter and RM01a?
    I'm planning to install Toda headers and i'm looking for an exhaust that is more low-mid range peroformance and decent top range,yet not too loud i dnt want too much attention.

Any insight is apprecited cheers.