Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model

What Honda Australia says about Paint protection to new Honda

Something interesting.. I rang Honda Australia 1800 hotline and mentioned i bought the new Euro in silver metallic color and asked do i really need a paint protection that dealers selling it between 695 to 1000.

THe guy said well...its up to you...If you park your car outside the paint protection may worth it, there is no yes or no answer...I asked him so do you think the Honda paint would fade after few years. He said as for recommended in handbook it may fade if you don't wash or look after the car, but with paint protection it may worth to keep the shine for long time he said..

I asked him the corrosion warranty comes with Honda rite. He said Thats only if it get corrosion, not with paint fading...

I am bit surprised, If Hond australia thinks their cars got with good paint, they could have said no its not necessary....

This is one of the car broker advised me about paint protection and pay extra..

" Yes I definitely think you should be paying for the paint protection, the reason the dealership is offering it to you is that Honda’s are renowned for paint fade after 4-5 years as the Honda Manufacturing plant it Thailand use a blend of polyurethane metallic candy apple paint, which when applied to a motor vehicle does look great with a unique finish, the down side is the paint will not last untreated on its own, so by doing the paint protection you will not have to respray the car prior to selling it."..

What the dealer tried to sell me was 2 types, One was basic teflon based paint protection and other is something called nano based something which they mentioned it bonded with honda paint and will shines for ever...

Also see this NRMA Blogs (website http://www.mynrmacommunity.com/motor...tion-packages/) saying there is no evidance these protection stuffs been tested for australian condition..

It may or may not work.....

What i am thinking is definately not gona get paint protection with my new Euro and lets see how it goes over the years...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT
    Hi Praja

If you are parking your car in the garage regularly then no need for the paint protection.
    I have the same colour as you its called Buran Silver.
    Mate dont waste your money and shout your wife on a nice holiday...
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    interesting bit of information there... also, just want to point out the the CU2 is made in Japan and not Thailand so it wouldn't be using Thailand paint.

Apple, candy, maple syrup, vanilla cinnamon what!?!?!?
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    " Yes I definitely think you should be paying for the paint protection, the reason the dealership is offering it to you is that Honda’s are renowned for paint fade after 4-5 years as the Honda Manufacturing plant it Thailand use a blend of polyurethane metallic candy apple paint, which when applied to a motor vehicle does look great with a unique finish, the down side is the paint will not last untreated on its own, so by doing the paint protection you will not have to respray the car prior to selling it.".
    Marketing mumbo-jumbo. Polyurethane is one of the better performers in the sun! Candy Apple is a colour that is popular in the USA. The broker is probably getting a cut from the dealer.

Also see this NRMA Blogs (website http://www.mynrmacommunity.com/motor...tion-packages/) saying there is no evidance these protection stuffs been tested for australian condition..
    NRMA is right. Also, the major motoring magazines often do articles on things like this as well as on buying cars. Their advice is consistently that the dealers make a lot of money from "paint protection", like all extras they sell, and that there is no evidence that it works. Same goes for rust protection.

I suggest that you save the money.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Paint protection is a sealant. Nothing special about it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Hi GUys, thanks for the info. there is 2 thing. One was Honda AUstralia, when i rang the 1800 hotline was not sure he said yaa yeaaa its up to you...

But something makes me to think about what one of the car broker i dealt with(he didnt give me the best deal, the good deal i got for my EUro is i did the shop around with all of you guys help here with the price range...)gave some comments about paint protection and he also mentioned about insurance companies prefer that as well..

Below is the full email from one of the car broker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Raja, I hope you are well.

Yes I definitely think you should be paying for the paint protection, the reason the dealership is offering it to you is that Honda’s are renowned for paint fade after 4-5 years as the Honda Manufacturing plant it Thailand use a blend of polyurethane metallic candy apple paint, which when applied to a motor vehicle does look great with a unique finish, the down side is the paint will not last untreated on its own, so by doing the paint protection you will not have to respray the car prior to selling it.

It does make the paint 100% scratch resistant for the life of the vehicle(as Paint Protection has a life time warranty) if you happen to get a scratch on your car or somebody does the unthinkable and scratches it for you taking off the colour you will be able to take it the people that applied the paint protection and if they cant fix it ,they will paint that section of the car for you. It also makes the car stone chip resistant, so it is possible to drive right behind behind large trucks and not worry about stones jumping up and hitting your car and causing damage.

As Sydney does suffer from heavy acid rain and very strong UV cause by both pollution and the sun, this is more reason to get the paint protection. Put it this way paint protection is like sun screen on your skin, some races like Aboriginals’ or Indians don’t require protection from the sun as their skin is very durable and tolerable it but people from England or Antarctica who have very white skin will suffer majorly from prolonged exposure. A Honda is like the person from England or Antarctica, they need ALLOT of Sun Screen, so your car need paint protection.

Also insurance companies look very favorable on vehicles with paint protection, they see it as the customer taking his own insurance on the paint which will help reduce your annual premium by up to 25%.

The only cars in the current Australian range of imported vehicles that have SPF 40+ is the Mazda6 and Mazda3 range, these are the only vehicles that definitely don’t require paint protection.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best with your new Honda purchase.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm interesting...Whtever happen i am just gona get my car as is, one of my friend said he got tint for only 200, i was amazed they quoted me 499 normal price...geeee

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    That dealership is overselling paint protection, they are making it sound like a car bra, a layer of sealant isnt going to stop stone chips and make it scratch resistance. When shopping for a new car the walk-off is your best weapon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Below is the full email from one of the car broker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Raja, I hope you are well.

Yes I definitely think you should be paying for the paint protection, the reason the dealership is offering it to you is that Honda’s are renowned for paint fade after 4-5 years as the Honda Manufacturing plant it Thailand use a blend of polyurethane metallic candy apple paint, which when applied to a motor vehicle does look great with a unique finish, the down side is the paint will not last untreated on its own, so by doing the paint protection you will not have to respray the car prior to selling it.
    Your Euro is made in JAPAN. Not Thailand. They are trying to scare you into buying paint protection.

It does make the paint 100% scratch resistant for the life of the vehicle(as Paint Protection has a life time warranty) if you happen to get a scratch on your car or somebody does the unthinkable and scratches it for you taking off the colour you will be able to take it the people that applied the paint protection and if they cant fix it ,they will paint that section of the car for you. It also makes the car stone chip resistant, so it is possible to drive right behind behind large trucks and not worry about stones jumping up and hitting your car and causing damage.
    No it does not make the paint scratch resistant. If you read the paint protection warranty statement, it says it DOES NOT cover scratches! It also does not make your car stone chip resistant. Those part is pure BS, and the broker is trying to trick you again.

As Sydney does suffer from heavy acid rain and very strong UV cause by both pollution and the sun, this is more reason to get the paint protection. Put it this way paint protection is like sun screen on your skin, some races like Aboriginals’ or Indians don’t require protection from the sun as their skin is very durable and tolerable it but people from England or Antarctica who have very white skin will suffer majorly from prolonged exposure. A Honda is like the person from England or Antarctica, they need ALLOT of Sun Screen, so your car need paint protection.
    I have to say.... OMG..... This guy is on drugs. You can get the same UV protection by applying paint sealant from a $40 bottle (for 473ml, good for 10 applications).

Also insurance companies look very favorable on vehicles with paint protection, they see it as the customer taking his own insurance on the paint which will help reduce your annual premium by up to 25%.
    No they don't. You don't get an insurance premium discount for having paint protection. This broker is very shifty and is trying to trick you again.

The only cars in the current Australian range of imported vehicles that have SPF 40+ is the Mazda6 and Mazda3 range, these are the only vehicles that definitely don’t require paint protection.
    BS again. Car paint does not have an SPF rating.

I would totally disregard that broker's advice as there are many errors and lies in it trying to trick you into buying paint protection.
    Last edited by aaronng; 04-04-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    lol. dont believe anything the dealer tells you...he will literally tell you anything if he thinks it will lead to a sale
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Yes seems like the dealer, they didnt get any profit or very marginal profit on sold the car on me. Got the 2010 jan built euro base model auto in buron silver metallic with Honda rear park sensor, 5yr warranty and premium number plate drive away for 34500(as you can see honda drive away rrp in sydney is 40270 plus those rear sensor and warranty rrp nearly 1600(but tht cost them much less). I notice the salesy guy and his manager face has no smile at all after they gave me that deal..

Thats why the customer service/relations guy first quoted me all those paint protection, under guard rust protection, vynal, wax guard and all sort of protection you name it, i even forgotten most of the names etc etc for 2500(,gave me all types of videos showing etc etc and told me every single reason to sell me). I said no, no no.. He then show me individual prices for all protections it cost add up total around 3300 something in his screen. Then said the paint protection is 1000 he said for me today he can give it to me 695. I said again no.. Then he said if i get paint protection for 695, for extra $1 he can do tint and extra $1 for floor matt, whcih all these 3 together for 697 and he can adjust the cost in alfa romeo he sold to another guy(seems like whoever the guy bought alfa romeo got ripped off with all sort of protection stuffs). I again said no no need.He still said i can think about it before i pick up the car next week..

I can see frustration on that guy after explaining all sort of stuffs for more than 45mins no luck, finally told me hmm you seems like a very tight guy with very tight budget ah..after i said no no no for everything. I told him yes man, i can do these things cheap outside as i got a friend he can do it for less than 1/3 price..lol...

But still my mind was thinking after came home, is tht really worth.. WHat if the paint got rusted or faded within 5yrs time? then only i asked advise with that broker once i asked him for price 4months ago(he didnt get me good deal on the car, i shop around and got tht 34500 deal) and his email i posted up, seems he was giving me all sort of positive backup for what the dealers are trying to sell...

For sure i am going to park the car in my garage and then under cover park in my work. The car may meet acid rain or UV rays from very hot season during my travel up and down to work....

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 2 CRX; DC2R
    Dealers are suss. Period.

Good on you for doing your own research.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    But still my mind was thinking after came home, is tht really worth.. WHat if the paint got rusted or faded within 5yrs time? then only i asked advise with that broker once i asked him for price 4months ago(he didnt get me good deal on the car, i shop around and got tht 34500 deal) and his email i posted up, seems he was giving me all sort of positive backup for what the dealers are trying to sell...

For sure i am going to park the car in my garage and then under cover park in my work. The car may meet acid rain or UV rays from very hot season during my travel up and down to work....
    Paint protection won't protect against paint fading or rusting within 5 years. I think the sealant wears out within 2 years or so.