Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek

Question VTI EG civic sunroof problem

Yesterday i had driven around with the oem sunroof open while driving it started to rain so i pressed the close button. It SLOWLY started to close bu then it seemed it got stuck or something and droped down from its tilt/angle. then i pressed close again and heard a Crack so i put it back and got it closed.

I dunno what happened but the metal part from the sunroof scraped my roof and digged a few paint.....
    any one had this problem???? i remember it happened twice to me but weren't serious to scrape paint.
    Also noticed sunroof closed slower than usual.

opened it once again and closed all good again.
    Not sure whats wrong..... any suggestions?

Check the bolts holding the glass piece up - are they loose?
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    Check the bolts holding the glass piece up - are they loose?
    Thanks ill cheak them in broad day light!
    its doesnt happen often....
    So disappointed it pulled some paint..

yep, its a broken bracket, happened to mine, i gave up on it and decided i wont use the sunroof, imo they r overrated. never used one anyway.

it costs way too much in time and effort to fix. i even pulled the connection out of the switch to prevent any accidental opening ofthe roof as i had to respray my roof as the paint was dug up bad.
    i even took it to a sunroof place "doyles" in artarmon and they said get the oem part and they can fix, otherwise they dont want to deal with oem stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    yep, its a broken bracket, happened to mine, i gave up on it and decided i wont use the sunroof, imo they r overrated. never used one anyway.

it costs way too much in time and effort to fix. i even pulled the connection out of the switch to prevent any accidental opening ofthe roof as i had to respray my roof as the paint was dug up bad.
    i even took it to a sunroof place "doyles" in artarmon and they said get the oem part and they can fix, otherwise they dont want to deal with oem stuff
    Sighs... Thanks for the notice!

But if its a broken bracket how does it work perfectly fine again though....?

the bracket holds the sunroof up when it slides open, it can tilt fine, but when it tries to slide up and along the roof, it is usually suspended byt eh bracket, it being broken means its slides along and on top of the roof, and when it closes, it gouges the **** out of ur paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    the bracket holds the sunroof up when it slides open, it can tilt fine, but when it tries to slide up and along the roof, it is usually suspended byt eh bracket, it being broken means its slides along and on top of the roof, and when it closes, it gouges the **** out of ur paint.
    sighs.....now my sunroof days are over i guess.....

Thanks for the help!

Well if ur motivated and have time and some cash then by all means get it fixed, for me I'm not fussed with a sunroof. Never had a need in the past so didn't miss it now that it's broke

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    Well if ur motivated and have time and some cash then by all means get it fixed, for me I'm not fussed with a sunroof. Never had a need in the past so didn't miss it now that it's broke

I may just have to let it go. no cash at the moment plus might sell it at the end of the year so not really bothered....
    JUST sad about the freak'n PAINT!

Did u ever grease it up?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dap Ek
    no? never recall of it?
    why?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    could be the reason why? its like squeeky or slow winding down windows (electrical) could use some lube mightve slid off the frame/bracket just do a double take have a look before you start replacing anything
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead